• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Kick Off Event is Over!!

Started by Brad Nunnally, 2005-10-20T18:55:27-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Nunnally

Well in my opinion I think everything went great. I was a little rushed and nervous, being a bad public speaker does that to you. Rushed because I got lost trying to find Dominos in downtown edwardsville.

22 people showed up and thank you to any of you that read this. I got lots of good feedback and ideas from you and I hope I can make this thing succeed on campus.

I introduced the programming contest I will be doing through out this semester. There will be two contest. One a 10-15 problem set, some questions of the problem set will have special rewards for those that do the best of them. And develop a card game. The winner will be those that get the most turned in the soonest. And for the card game the one the is the most difficult and best looking. Difficult in the sense of type of game, where poker is alot more difficult than war. All the information you will need for the contests will be available at the Visual Studio 2005 launch.

I will be hopefully be bringing in a professional developer to give a tech talk. After the tech talk the winner of the contest will be announced and the prizes given out.

If anyone has any questions or ideas on how to make this thing better please post them here. If you have any specific question drop me an email, bluedragon0583@gmail.com.
Peace!!

P.S. I learned a new word while typing this "Thunk." Or atleast thats how Dr. Wu pronounced it.  :-D
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan