• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Jinriksha Playing @ Mississippi Nights (AMPSTL Local Band Showcase)

Started by Ross Mead, 2006-02-15T13:19:05-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Hello all! It's been a while, but we're finally back with another show... and this one's the biggy! This Friday, February 17th, we, Jinriksha, will be playing at the legendary Mississippi Nights! This event is hosted by AMPSTL, and features local bands including: Dead Drive Fast, Discount Firearm, Morning Vision, and Standpointe. Tickets are $7 in advance or $8 at the door (plus $2 minor surcharge. This is an all-ages show! Doors are at 7, show starts at 7:30. Don't miss out on what looks to be a high-energy night! For tickets (you can buy tickets from me) or more information, contact me (QBitAI_at_gmail.com; 618-696-2600), check us out on MySpace or join our Facebook Group, Jinriksha Armata, or check your own Riverfront Times (in the Music section)! See-ya' there!

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Ross Mead

Shaun, I totally want to start a count of how many of your posts are just smileys of some form or another! :-P

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

fugly

Any idea what time you'll actually be hitting stage? Or at least what number you are in the line-up?

Ross Mead

Unfortunately, we won't know until the day of the show; it's all based on the total number of tickets sold, and the final count won't be done until about 4:30 Friday night.  From some estimations we've gotten from Kevin at AMPSTL, we're thinkin' we're probably gonna' be goin' on 3rd or 4th, which puts us hittin' the stage probably around 9:30ish.  Obviously, this is a seriously rough estimate, as some bands may not turn in any tickets until the day of the show.  Basically, the best way to find out is to show up at 7-7:30, or call me (618-696-2600).

If anyone is interested, please gimme' a call, as it is the ticket sales that decides when we play! ;-)

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Ross Mead

Most have said this was our best show to date! This has always been a huge goal for us--to play at the legendary Mississippi Nights! This evening was completely wild for us, and we sincerely thank anyone who came along for the ride! In particular, I'd like thank our own Justin (Ratcliffe) and Justin (Camerer) for showin' up and supporting us; hope you guys had a good time! Stayed tuned for more Jinriksha happenings! :-)

Jinriksha Photos
Jinriksha (MySpace)
Jinriksha Armata (Facebook)

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Ross Mead

Shaun, I swear if you keep things up like this, you're gonna' be the next t-shirt!  We could fit every single one of your posts onto the front of it:

:-P  :cry:  :roll:  :pint:  :cry:  :oops:  :-P  :-x  :lol:  8-)  :-?  :-o  :-(  :-)  :-D  :evil:  :roll:  ;-)  :pint:  :hammer:  :idea:  :argue:  :banned:  :beta:  :booze:  :blink:  :bored:  :boxing:  :censored:  :beer:  :pirate:  :cowboy:  :doctor:  :drool:  :drunk:  <_<  :eat:  :flowers:  :hammer2:  ^-^  :help:  :huh:  :innocent:  :injured:  :jerry:  :jumpon:  :jumpy:  :kamikaze:  :kenshin:  :kewlpics:  :kid:  :king:  :kiss:  :lame:  :angry:  :mello:  :no:  :bow:  :nuke:  :nerd:  :pc:  :ph34r:  :phone:  :prop:  :punk:  :ranting:  :realmad:  :shifty:  :shocking:  :shuriken:  :shutup:  -_-  :zzz:  :smartass:  :sorcerer:  :surf:  :sweat:  :unsure:  :usflag:  :wacko:  :wavetowel:  :welcome:  :whistling:  :wink:  :wub:  :yes:  :box:  :bluescreen:  :offtopic:  :doh:  :newbie:  :gunfire:  :2gunfire:  :sniperrifle:  :dance:  :tinfoil:

Ahh, the history of Shaun... :-P

raptor

Yeah,

No kidding man,  I sing on and see a new post and then its just a  :-P  or a  :-o .  You'd think there was a post # contest or something.

Speaking of T-shirts anyone mention anything for a unofficial official CAOS t-shirt yet.

EDIT: Shaun Rules. :-D   <<<<< HEY!!! Don't be editing my posts PUNK!!!!!!!

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

JR

Retired President of CAOS

Shaun Martin

We'd sell millions of t-shirts with my name on it.

Errr I mean...

:whistling:
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Justin Camerer

WHOA!!!

I WAS THERE!

YOU CAN SEE THE OUTLINE OF ALL MY HAIR ON FACEBOOK!

TUBULAR!

:whistling: [/quote]
Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

Ross Mead

LOL!!!  Yeah, I made a point, while on stage, of playing a little scale that Justin showed me just a few nights prior (Justin: "it sounds like two computers talking... "); he seemed to get a kick out of it! :-P

QuoteYOU CAN SEE THE OUTLINE OF ALL MY HAIR ON FACEBOOK!

Check out photo 13 in this album to see the picture he is referring to... 8-)

On a side note,... did you respond, all at once, to every post that was listed on the main page...? :-o