• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Undergraduate Research Academy (URA) Informational Meeting

Started by Ross Mead, 2008-02-04T22:54:18-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

For juniors and seniors interested in working on very interesting research topics in your field of study, I suggest you check out the meeting described in the following:

QuoteHi!

My name is Kaitlin and I am currently an Undergraduate Research Academy scholar. I am a senior studying in the field of Biological Sciences. The Undergraduate Research Academy has been a wonderful experience for me. It has taught me much about the research field and has allowed me to form close relationships with my mentors. I feel that the Undergraduate Research Academy is a great opportunity for anyone that has an interest in doing research or a creative project. I have found that many benefits can come out of this program.

We will be holding an informational meeting on Wednesday, February 6th from 3:00-4:00 in the Lovejoy Library, 1st floor, Instructional Room for any junior or senior interested in this program. The meeting is titled ââ,¬Å"Starting the Research Process for Your URA Proposal.ââ,¬Â There will be faculty and current URA students at this meeting to answer any questions that you may have.

There will also be informational tables on Wednesday, February 6th in the Goshen Lounge from 12:00-1:30 p.m., Thursday, February 7th at the Skywalk Café from 1:00-2:00 p.m., and on Tuesday, February 12th in the MUC Cafeteria Center Court from 11:00 a.m. -12:30 p.m.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through email at kalderm@siue.edu, Vicki Scott at viscott@siue.edu, or Cindy Scarsdale at cscarsd@siue.edu.

Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Kaitlin

Here is a link to the URA website, where you can see current projects, past projects and any other information you need to know.

http://www.siue.edu/ura/

As some of you know, I'm a two-time URA scholar.  The experience looks great on a resume and to graduate schools.  For me, the hard work has really paid off; I'm even doing my Master's Thesis on an extension of one of my URA projects.  For me information, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy! :-)

Bryan

As a 1 time (I know, I'm a slacker) URA scholar, I would said DO THIS!
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.