• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Employment Opportunites

Started by Jerry, 2005-09-01T14:32:40-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Question:

When we get announcements of employment opportunites what would be the best way of letting as many people know about it as possible?

Do you think it is enough to post it on the foruum?

Should we designated a specific CS bulletin board to post hardcopies also?

Or are there any other ways of letting people know about these opportunities?

The more we can help local employers fill positions, the more often they will come to us to find employers. So I want to be sure we get the word out, particularly for local employment.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Brad Nunnally

I personally think it is great the way it is. Being able to obtain a hard copy would help a lot, I think. The only thing thing that I can think of that would help students know if they are right for the job is more information. Sometimes the job posts are pretty vague, as far as what skills you would need are. Hope this helps.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Ahmed

You'd be surprised how many people DONT know about this forum and the jobs posted here. I think we do need an alternative way of letting people know about the employement oppertunities on this forum.

A lot of people ask me on how to get jobs and co-ops and when i ask them if they visit the employment section of the CAOS forums they usually reply in the negative. I doubt most people even browse the forums.

Since CAOS is the homepage for the comp sci lab, perhaps the job oppertunities should be more prominantly featured on the frontpage ? So that each time a user loads up IE they get to see the jobs right there in bold or big font or what not.

Jerry

So here's what we're working on:

1. We are linking the CAOS employment forum to the opening page of CSD to target classes that use the drop boxes.

2. Establish a CS Job Bulletin Board to post hardcopies of announcements.

One question: Which bulletin board? I was thinking the one by the auditorium near the vending machines. Anyone have an opinion?

Brad Nunnally

I would think that the vending machines get the most traffic then anywhere else in the EB building, other than the computer labs that is.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Jerry

Quotebluedragon0583 wrote:
I would think that the vending machines get the most traffic then anywhere else in the EB building, other than the computer labs that is.

Hmmmm, I could have a bulletin board put up in the computer lab, EB 1036, and dedicate it to CS Jobs.

William Grim

QuoteJerry wrote:

We are linking the CAOS employment forum to the opening page of CSD to target classes that use the drop boxes.

Do you mean from the CSD front page?  I'm just wondering so I know if I need to do anything to the CAOS website to help facilitate this.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Jerry

Quotegrimw wrote:

Do you mean from the CSD front page?  I'm just wondering so I know if I need to do anything to the CAOS website to help facilitate this.

I was thinking that we would have a link on the CSD front page to CAOS Employement Forum.

Check with Andrew about the details.