• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Jinriksha Playing Watershed Benefit at Stagger Inn

Started by Ross Mead, 2005-10-14T00:00:27-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Heylo all!  Once again, I will be using the CAOS forum to promote one of our many upcoming shows!

This Saturday, October 15th, my band, Jinriksha, will be playing a show at the Stagger Inn (downtown Edwardsville on Main Street) to benefit the Watershed Nature Center.  We will be accompanied by too many bands to name on hear (enough to make this thing last until 2AM!), so just come on down and see them all!  I've been told that it's a 21+ show, but I've also noticed that they can be rather easy at the door in letting people in.  If you're really interested and are under 21, you could at least give it a shot!  We should be playing from about 9:00 'till about 10:30, so come by and see us.  If anything, just come for the cause!

Speaking of the cause...

The benefit is going towards setting up live cameras and webfeeds of the Watershed Nature Center to observe the inhabitants in their natural environments.  From what I've been told, they're considering some underwater cameras and even placing one in a fake duck or goose so that it won't alarm some of the animals there.  They're trying to set up a website so that people can observe from their computers.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on here, e-mail me, or...

... "for a good time"... gimme' a call (618-696-2600). ;-)

... I'm was referring to the show, of course... :-P

You can also check out our Facebook Party or our Facebook Group.  Hey, again, it's free advertising! :-D

We will also have t-shirts on sale starting next week for anyone who might be interested...

Thanx for the support!  We really appreciate it! :punk:

bill corcoran

-bill

Bryan

Quotebill wrote:
how did you get a number with 2600 in it?
asked for it?

as for the show, Kyra and I will be there.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Jerry

QuoteModernDayDarwin wrote:

as for the show, Kyra and I will be there.

If you get there before Lori and I do, save us a couple of chairs.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Bryan

QuoteJerry wrote:
If you get there before Lori and I do, save us a couple of chairs.

gladly
Bryan Grubaugh

Ross Mead

The show was phenominal!  We felt like we had a lot of energy jam-packed onto the small stage, and we feel that we pulled it off well.

The crowd was great, and a special thanks goes out to Dr. Weinberg and his wife, as well as Bryan Grubaugh and Kyra for showing up and showing their support for us (and a good cause).  The bands that followed were also very good, namely, Ghost in the Light.

We were offered a possible weekly spot at The Stagger Inn, which is a huge thing for us!  I'll post something as details become known.

We've also got two shows coming up soon: Friday, October 21st, at The Ground Floor in Belleville, and Sunday, October 23rd at Eastern Illinois University (it's a HUGE benefit concert for hurricane victims, and we're really looking forward to it!).  I'll post something this week with details.

Again, a special thanks to those that made it out to the show tonight; we really appreciate your support! :-)

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh

Jerry

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...