• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Jinriksha Playing at The Ground Floor

Started by Ross Mead, 2005-10-20T00:13:09-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Ahh yes, on Friday, October 21st, we are playing yet another show at one of our hot-spots, The Ground Floor in Belleville.

We are playing with some very rockin' bands, including the "one man jam", Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship (I think this guy is from SIUE), Horshack (I think one or two of them are from SIUE), and our new friends from Chicago, the Black Casual Band!  This is looking to be a pretty psychedelic music shindig, so don't miss out!  The show starts at 8, with a $5 cover at the door.  Bring your friends (18 and up)!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on here, e-mail me, or gimme' a call (618-696-2600).  You can also check out our Facebook Party or our Facebook Group.  Hey, it's free advertising! :-D

We should also have t-shirts available for anyone who might be interested (assuming they are shipped on time... ).

Thanx for the support!  We really appreciate it! :punk:

Ross Mead

The show was great!  All the bands were really enjoyable!  The Black Casual Band opened, and were great.  They've invited us to come play with them up in Chicago over the next few months.  Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship was HILARIOUS, and one of the most interesting performers I've ever seen.  If you haven't seen him play before, check him out!  Horshack was great, as always, and the crowd voiced this with the yell of, "Encore!"  They busted out a Johnny Cash cover, for a great close to the night.

The show also doubled as a rumage sale, and I managed to pick up a video of a band called "Captured! By Robots".  This guy built robots to play the instruments for him, but he makes it this whole themed thing where he acts like the robots actually enslaved him and there's a whole story to each one of his shows and everything.  Very cool!

Anyways, we've got a show tomorrow at Eastern Illinois University, featuring Courtney Shepherd, Lorenzo Goetz, and of course, us -- Jinriksha!  For anyone who's interested, we've got a carpool/convoy that's heading up there, so I'm sure you can jump on that.

T-shirts will be available next week for anyone who's interested...