• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

CAOS NetHackathon Opens Registration

Started by William Grim, 2005-10-28T00:41:56-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

William Grim

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let all of you know that the CAOS NetHackathon registration is now open!  In case you don't know what it is, please read about it on this news page!

Some people have said that the competition doesn't seem fitting for freshman.  I just want to let all of you know that you don't have to even code to compete; you can do graphics, sound, or whatever your team feels like doing.  The judging will be entirely subjective, being based on what "the crowd" thinks is the coolest mod for NetHack.

I would really like to make this a fun event.  You don't have to pay to enter; just come and have fun!  To participate in the 2 week event, however, you need to register at least ONE DAY before the event (Thursday, Nov. 3, at 4:30 PM).

Your teams may REGISTER HERE.  Please remember, you can have no more than four people per team (but can have less), and currently your team rank is based on your highest team member's rank, which is the highest class taken (i.e. 300 level).

Please post any questions you may have here.  Also note that the ranking system listed in this post is slightly different than what is on the news page.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley