• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

TechTalk Topics

Started by Brad Nunnally, 2005-11-07T13:30:54-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Nunnally

I want to bring an INETA(INETA Homepage) speaker here as a closing event to the Fall semester. What are some topics you would like to hear about. The way it works is I make a list of topics people want to talk about and they send someone here. So what are your suggestions? One already mentioned is Web Development.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

William Grim

I would like to hear about developing operating systems using VB.NET.  No, really, I heard someone say this is possible.

/me laughs loudly.

Actually, I don't know what INETA can offer in terms of speakers.  I went to their website and tried to look at the forums, but the server produced several ASP errors.

Do you have a list of topics?
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Brad Nunnally

INETA is just like one big user group with smaller groups in it that are localized. Most memebers of an INETA group are professionals. So they cover the whole spectrum of topics. So I don't have an actually list of topics, thats what I was hoping to get from this thread. I will keep the OS in vb.net in mind though that sounds interesting.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

William Grim

The OS on VB.NET idea was from someone that didn't understand either VB.NET or the concepts of an OS.  So, I don't think anyone from INETA would talk about it.

Technically, it is possible to build an OS on top of .NET... but it would only be an interface to a real OS underneath, unless .NET had facilities for directly communicating with the hardware and had no reliance on Windows.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley