• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Robot Death

Started by Elizabeth Weber, 2002-09-22T02:05:22-05:00 (Sunday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth Weber

They say the last image you see before you die is permanently burned on your retina.
In a murder, this could likely be the face of your killer.
  So, who killed PeopleBot? ...

[img align=right]http://roboti.cs.siue.edu/camera/picture.jpg[/img]
~Elizabeth Weber

William Grim

Holy crap!  That's me!

Hey and look, I have an accomplice down in the lower left of the screen!

Mwahahahahahahaha!  :-o  :hammer:  :evil:  :-o
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Jerry

It was Mr. Grim in the library with a candle stick  :-P
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Elizabeth Weber

We are now posting a reward for any information leading to the identity of the man behind the CRT...

(or in front of rather)
~Elizabeth Weber

Stiffler

I don't get this line of posting. Is on of the bots not working? Did somebody screw up a bot? Please explain.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Elizabeth Weber

It is with much sadness that I announce that our beloved PeopleBot is leaving us, we hope for a better place.  PeopleBot's life was frought with difficulty, but it's service to us was invaluable.  But we must be strong, and say 'adieu' to our friend and believe that it is all for the best.  Funeral arrangements have been made (the crate is sitting in the lab), but the date has yet to be set.
~Elizabeth Weber

Stiffler

Is that the bot that went bad last year?

Jon

William Grim

Man, and just when you think you're about to get away with a crime, they come out with new technology that retrieves final images from the retina!

I thought that was Peter sitting in front of that computer at first, but now that I see it's only running WinXP, I'm starting to think it's one of his team mates.  Sorry for not just revealing my accomplice's identity, but the drama that occured during the peoplebot destruction caused me to forget a few details from that night, haha.
William Grim

Peter Motyka

I dont know about you guys, but I think that man at the monitor is pretty clearly Andrew.  Him and PeopleBot have been at odds for quite some time now.  Actually, I am pretty sure I saw him choking PeopleBot one day....

P.S.
Does PeopleBot have a neck? :)

Peter
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

William Grim

I agree, I thought that is Andrew, but I didn't want to point fingers too soon.  I'd only like to bring down the real accomplice; however, I guess he'll do, haha!

BTW, peoplebot does in fact have a neck, you didn't think we'd make the killing a bloody mess did you?
William Grim

Ryan Lintker

Maybe we should take bets on how the next one dies.  I'll put my money on falling down the steps.  That would be a much more interesting picture.
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Geoff Schreiber

Who's to say you didn't already have a hand in this? :)

QuoteRyan wrote on another thread:
Should Never Operate Rented Robots while Tanked.

It may be harmful to your health when you don't remember how you trashed a $30,000 robot and have to confront its owner. You'll only remember that you had a great time doing it and are really sorry.
quote]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

Ryan Lintker

Now, that post was just good advice for anyone playing with rented robots.

I had nothing to do with that robot's death.  Of course my Eyebot may be resting peacefully in a shallow grave somewhere in the woods.
"You can't always get what you want,
 but if you try sometime, you just might find,
you get what you need" - The Rolling Stones

Stiffler

Nooooo, don't hurt the little fellas. They're just a poor, dumb piece of technology. The maker of them might be in a shallow grave somewhere...

You realy need the stuffed EyeBot, badly.

Jon