• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Jinriksha Playing @ The Rock Island

Started by Ross Mead, 2005-12-16T01:18:12-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

[img align=right]http://www.jinriksha.com/public_html/jikriksha_flier.jpg[/img]

Hey, it's been a while since I've posted one of these!

This is regarding my band, Jinriksha!  In case you haven't heard us, we're a mix of funk, jazz, and hip-hop, with a progressive rock edge to it.  We've been compared to The Urge, Primus, Incubus (the old, old stuff... with Dirk... ), Mr. Bungle, etc.

Anyways, we've taken about a month off to work on some new material, but we're back playing what looks to be our last show of the year.  It's been a good year for us, and we're sayin' goodbye to it with a bang!

Description
On Sunday, December 18th, we'll be playing at a club called the Rock Island on South Broadway in St. Louis.  Sharing the stage with us will be Douche Powder Factory (headlining?) and Head On Collision, two local metal bands that are sure to get the place rockin'!  The doors open at 8 to anyone 18 and up ($5 cover at the door, $2 surcharge for minors), so be there, be there, be there!!!

Directions
Get on 55 South, take the second Broadway exit, make a right, go through the construction area (avoid the detour!), the Rock Island is on the left (just past the construction).

Contact
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on here, e-mail me, or gimme' a call (618-696-2600). You can also check us out on MySpace (excuse the lame basement recordings... ), as well as on our Facebook Party or our Facebook Group, Jinriksha Armata; see pictures of our previous shows!

Also, t-shirts are now available for anyone who is interested ($10 S, M, L, XL; $12 XXL)!

Thanx for the support! We really appreciate it! :punk:

Tyler

It's been awhile since you posted one of these, Ross.  I thought you guys might have broken up and been on the way to VH1 Behind the Music territory already.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005