• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

selling my laptop, Sager 8890 Power notebook

Started by Bryan, 2006-01-17T18:31:22-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

This is cross posted from several forums I frequent, if it sounds impersonal..that's because it is.  If you are interested lemme know and I'll take some cash off for a fellow caos member

This is the Sager 8890.

Processor: Intel P4 2.8ghz HT
LCD Screen: 16.0" TFT UXGA: Hitachi/TX41D56VC1CAA (0 dead pixels, hardly used)
Video Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 PRO TURBO (M10)
Audio: ALC650 AC'97 Audio CODEC 2.2
Integrated LAN: Realtek RTL8110S-32
Integrated Modem: Smartlink
Wireless LAN: 802.11b Wi-Fi LAN Module
Infrared Chip: National Semiconductor
Touch Pad : Synaptics
Hard Disk Drive: New upgraded Samsung 60gb 5400rpm
Floppy Drive: YE-DATA/YD-702J-6637J
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive: Toshiba SD-R6112 (2X DVD-R/RW)
Promise Raid Card
Phillips TV Tuner.

The laptop is still in use, and still works well. I haven't been using it as a portable device so it's spent the vast majority of it's time hooked up to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. This has kept it in good overall shape but it gets clogged iwth dust sometimes. As a result the laptop tends to heat up and trigger the fan pretty quickly. The fan is kind of loud. I have found that cleaning out the heat sink keeps it the problem to a minimum. This problem does NOT prevent the laptop from being used, it is just a minor issue.

The second issue is the pickiness of the DVD-RW drive. If you don't get it high quality media, it tends to not want to burn DVD's. The CDRW works fine with any media. I generally gave up on burning DVD's because it got to be kind of an annoyance to find media that it liked. I had it replaced on warranty once because I was convinced it was broken. However, they sent me a new model and it had the same problem. I've chalked it up to this specific model.

and finally the 3rd issue is the battery. It only lasts about 20 minutes in full use before it's drained. Most people aren't looking for this kind of laptop for portability anyway.

The laptop comes with all included software but does NOT come with Windows XP. It did not come with it originally, so I have no copy to pass on. It also comes with a leather carrying case and power cord.

I am asking $850 shipped WITH FULL insurance. If you are interested please PM me, email me bryan_at_hciunderground.com or you can look me up on AIM at ModernDayDarwin.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.