• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Joining CAOS...?

Started by Jason Clark, 2006-01-27T13:57:30-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Clark

What's up guys?  I was just wondering what the official process to become a CAOS member is?  I'm a CS major and a Junior but have been very involved on campus in sigma pi the past couple of years...I'm looking to join CAOS (have wanted to since freshman year) but was too chicken to ask questions until now...What are the steps i need to take to join? Do you guys only accept new members at the beginning of each year?

I'm a constant reader of the forums, first time poster, so just let me know what I need to do to join...Thanks

Jason

raptor

I don't believe there is an "official" member's list, except for the officers.  We pretty much jsut talk on the forum and show up at events.  But, you can' join the ACM (there is a fee) but the benefits are well worth it from what I hear.

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Jerry

There is an official caos mailing list for members.

In the past signing up for receiving announcements on the caos mailing list has been the requirement for becoming a member.

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

raptor

Man I feel like a newbie, I've been with CAOS for a few years now (or so I thought) and didn't know that.  How do you get on.
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Jerry

The officers need to make a list of new member's addresses and see me to get them added (I'm the administrator of the list).

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

JR

absolutely. the transition of new officers is giving us a few obstacles but we are working all the kinks out. trying to get a mailing list together and many possible  events organized. all these things will be out soon!

as far as becoming a member, CAOS welcomes everyone at any time of year (no matter the major or year in school).  we want novices and experts. no one should feel intimidated because the group is actually a lot of fun and accepting. look for announcements this week!

JR

Retired President of CAOS