• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

someone to register me for classes

Started by thatguy, 2006-02-07T16:13:52-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

thatguy

I need to know who would be willing to register me for classes.  My advisor missed our appointment and now that I have started my job I cannot make it to his office hours.  He has not responded to my emails, therefore I am done trying to deal with him.  So, if there is some other professor that would be willing to do it for me that would be great.  If I have to jump through some hoops and change advisors, let me know.

thanks
#Something witty

Brad Nunnally

Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

R. Andrew Lamonica

I think that it is pretty easy to switch advisors.  If you are an Engineering student you must visit Tonja Smith in EB 3061 and fill out a form.  It might be necessary to pick a new advisor first and your should check to make sure they do advisement (different departments handle advisement in different ways).

The problem with posting here is that only some of the  CS teachers and other students are likely to see the post.  If you need a recommendation you might try calling the department secretary for your department.  The CS Department Secretary is Mrs. Cummins.

Jerry

Anyone who is having problems with their faculty advisor should talk with the Chair of the Department that their major is in.

Besides requesting a new advisor, it is important to the Department Chairs to know about problems that impact student's academic careers.

Jerry Weinberg, Chair
Department of Computer Science
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...