• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

I want this game

Started by Brad Nunnally, 2006-03-06T19:32:44-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Nunnally

Spore Demo Video

If you have ever been a fan of Maxis games you will love this demo. Man I can't wait for it to come out. This is almost the mother of all "God" games.

Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Ross Mead

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! :-o

Okay, so there is so much I would like to say here...

... but I was supposed to be doing research and not watching that 35 minute video...

... so I won't say nothin'...

... but I emphasize...

... OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! :-o

EvilAndrew

Yeah, I saw that on Digg the other day and e-mail about ten people about afterward. That is really cool.  I particularly like the building/vehicle/spore/animal designer.  

The only problem might be an initial lack of content.  Since all the aliens, other beings, pre-build buildings, and other world features comes from other player’s previous games, you might encounter a pretty empty or repetitive universe if you are an early-adopter.  However, everyone I talk to says that they want to play so it might only take a day to get all the content you could ever need. ;-)  This may definitely be the case, if they don’t ask first before offloading your stuff to their central server.

Kaitlyn Schmidt

It looks so massive.  I mean you could play for months and not get bored.  In others words: VERY COOL!  Does anyone know when it will be out?
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Brad Nunnally

Gamespot has the release infor at quarter 3 of this year. I remember hearing about it during E3 last year, but this is the first I have seen actual game play. I would love to play hours just creating new creatures. Bad enough WoW takes up part of my life, I can see my whole life going down the crapper if I started playing this. And Ross your post was ...
OMG!! The fun I could have filling the the blanks you left.

Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Ross Mead

LOL!  Those were supposed to be indicating my pondering of whether or not I should continue blabbing.  I had to convince myself not to go on and on about some of the amazing underlying stuff that's going on in this game!

Anyways, I too have heard a release date of the third or fourth quarter of this year.  I haven't played a video game since I've been in college; I still have Doom 3 packaged sitting on my desk... I bought it the first day it came out (I where this as a badge anymore)!  I will be buying this game so it can keep my copy of Doom 3 company...

... DOT DOT DOT!!! :-D

Ross Mead

Here's a link to the main Spore page:

Spore

Pretty funny intro video; reminds me of the old Lost in Space intro credits!  The site navigation is cool too, though not a lot to click on.  Ehh, but I guess this is somewhat normal for a game that hasn't been released yet.  Take a look at the screenshots and notice the differences in the textures as opposed to the video.

Again, this game looks amazing! :-o