• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

CAOS Photo Gallery

Started by R. Andrew Lamonica, 2006-04-05T10:46:14-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

R. Andrew Lamonica

CAOS Officers and Members,
I would like to repair/upgrade that the photo gallery on CAOS.  It has been broken for some time and I have been assured by the previous CAOS web-admin that it is beyond repair.  However, I would still like to have a go at fixing or possibly replacing it.  

However, before I do this I would like to solicit the approval and help of the CAOS community.  Particularly I would like a current CAOS officer to sponsor me in this effort by providing the needed access.  I could just let myself in (since this site runs on one of the CS servers I have control of) but that would be un-cool and might jeopardize the autonomy of the student group.

In addition to access and approval I will need guidance as to what restrictions should be placed on the gallery.  For example, should anyone be permitted to post? Should there be an approval process for images?  Should we add a module to the front page with recent additions?

Finally, here are a few things I will post to the gallery when it is fixed.
- Photos from the SIGGRAPH Presentation.
- Photos of the EB Fire ;-)
- Photos from the ASP.NET presentation

Thanks,
R. Andrew Lamonica
SIUE CS Department

R. Andrew Lamonica

Should I take the lack of response as disapproval?

Bryan

I would take it as a lack of response in a "speak now or forever hold your piece...I mean peace" context

go for it
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Justin Camerer

Doooooo iiiit.

I am like GOD on this site, so what I say... goes.
Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

Matthew Thomas

Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas

Bryan

power hungry politicians we are not.  You are an extension of the people of caos.  Keep that in mind.

Quoteiamjwc wrote:
Doooooo iiiit.

I am like GOD on this site, so what I say... goes.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.