• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

"Surfin' SIUE"

Started by Jerry, 2006-04-05T13:10:39-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Tyler

I will refuse to download that because of fear from lawsuits (glorified extortion) from the RIAA and others.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

This is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Which makes me wonder why the :censored: they are spending money on :censored: like this.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

raptor

From what I've heard there is going to be an extended effort to increase summer enrollment.  And as always its for the same reason as everything else . Money.  But not just money from students taking more classes.  As you all know with the tuition lock the university makes more $$ per class on the younger students.  The faster they get us graduating the sooner they can bring new freshmen in who they can make more money off of.

Go figure.

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Matthew Thomas

So someone finally got it through their thick head that it is NOT in their best interest to turn a (traditionally) four year degree into a five, six, (or in some extreme cases) seven year degree.

Praise !
Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas

Bryan

Raptor's right.  Ever since the last classes to be unaffected by the tuition lock have graduated (read: my class)  the only way a university can jack up the price is for incoming freshmen.  Those incoming freshman are then locked into the higher rate.  So they wait another year then charge more for the next class of freshman.  So on, so forth, and etc.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.