• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Friendly Digging

Started by EvilAndrew, 2006-04-28T00:55:55-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

One of the cool features of Digg’s new comment system is that any users you mark as friends will have their comments highlighted(in green).  I would like to add some of the CAOS people to my list so that I can see when you post to Digg.  

Friends do not have to be mutual so there is no need to add me to your friend list if you don’t care about what I have to say.  However I think it would be great if people would post their Digg names so that anyone who want to see what other CAOS members think can do so.

I’ll start.  My Digg name is â€Ã...“rlamoniâ€Ã, you can add me to your list here: http://digg.com/addfriend/rlamoni

If you don’t use a Digg account you can make one in about 30 seconds. (Make a Digg account).

William Grim

Okay, you all know me as Mr. Original, and my name on digg.com is grimw.  WhooHaa!
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

R. Andrew Lamonica

Thanks for the Info. ModernDayDarwin and grimw.  It looks like we are the only ones with accounts, but I guess that is not too weird.  Most people probably just read the articles and don't "Digg" them.

However, if enough CAOSers got were on Digg then we could probably promote a story to the digg front page if we wanted to.  It seems to take just a few tens of people in a few hours to create the momentum needed to get a good story up there.

Tyler

I have an account, but the site is so huge there are so many posts and comments that you just get lost in the volume.  

So, I dugg myself out of digg.  I just read the diggs now.
Retired CAOS Officer/Overachiever
SIUE Alumni Class of 2005

Bryan

honestly I just use the RSS feed, I'm lazy like that.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Stiffler

And I read on ShoutWire more these days. *cough* There seems to be this war between shoutwire and digg. :S IT's a really heated one too. But, I just read the stories and pay no attention to the war. :) Maybe we could do both CAOS ShoutWire and Digg. ^^ That would be cool.

Cheers.
Retired webmaster of CAOS.