• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Green Parking Passes Available This Friday

Started by EvilAndrew, 2006-05-01T15:38:17-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

For those of you who don’t drive to the EB, the Green Parking Pass is the most sought-after pass for SIUE Engineers.  This pass allows you to park right next to the building in Lot E. Passes for this lot are limited so a "lottery" is held.  Students who are officers for student organizations, or graduate assistants get high priority and other people are selected based on different criteria each year.

This year it seems to be first-come-first-serve.  I have posted the official announcement with instructions for getting on the list to the CAOS Gallery.  Apparently, you should send an e-mail at 12:01am on Friday of this week to get a pass.

Let the games begin.

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

JR

Retired President of CAOS

R. Andrew Lamonica

William Grim

William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Kaitlyn Schmidt

12:23 AM e-mail sent.
I MIGHT have a chance now! :-)
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Jerry

Quotegrimw wrote:
CRONTAB JUST OWNED YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

So was your post a cronjob too, or did you stay up just to post that your cronjob got the jump on everyone else?

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

blacklee

I accidentenly sent the email at 12:00:55. Was that too early? When will we know who gets it? Is it free? Will they be selling additional green passes?

Kaitlyn, I think I know you. Did you take 325 this semester? Do you know your grade yet? I was thinking about sending the teacher an email and ask. Did he say if it would be OK?

I also know who lamonica is (thanks Andrew, you are the best!). I think I figured out from the posts who Jerry and Q-Bit are. I don't know anyone else.  :-(

JR

shoooooot. i didnt know we were all gonna be up at midnight sending these emails. if i dont get one, dont be surprised if yours gets stolen. NO GREENPASS IS SAFE
Retired President of CAOS

R. Andrew Lamonica

QuoteI accidentenly sent the email at 12:00:55. Was that too early?
I talked to Veronica Hoverston and she said that "Friday starts at 12:00am."  So you should be OK there.

QuoteWhen will we know who gets it?
Veronica also says that although Associate Dean Van Roekel will need a few days to review the requests, they should have a list by Friday of next week.

QuoteIs it free?
Since you called me "the best", I will not make fun of you for assuming the parking services is that benevolent.  No, here at SIUE, parking is a privilege that you must both work and pay for.  Green passes cost $100/year and I believe that they do not prorate.

Another important thing to note is that if you are permitted to get a pass you will be e-mailed and you will then have a few weeks to purchase your pass before it is given to someone else.  Veronica thinks that you might be able to buy your parking pass online after your name has been given to parking services, but it is probably better just to visit Parking Services at Rendleman Hall.

blacklee

QuoteSince you called me "the best", I will not make fun of you for assuming the parking services is that benevolent.
I am naive and idealistic and would like to remain such. So make as much fun of me as you like, just never tell me there is no Santa Claus. I won't be on talking terms with you ever again.  :-P

Shaun Martin

Ross told me they were free...

Oh well, no use in paying for a green pass and a yellow pass since I'm living on campus next year.  :cry:
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

William Grim

QuoteJerry wrote:
So was your post a cronjob too, or did you stay up just to post that your cronjob got the jump on everyone else?

I just happened to be awake working on something.
William Grim

Ross Mead

QuoteRoss told me they were free...

You must be thinking of a different Ross because this Ross knows that they are definitely not free! :-P

William Grim

Quotemartins wrote:

Oh well, no use in paying for a green pass and a yellow pass since I'm living on campus next year.

If you pay for a green pass and live on campus, they give you a yellow sticker for it, for free.
William Grim