• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

More of my humor...

Started by Michael Kennedy, 2002-09-30T02:18:31-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Kennedy

OK, so we've all seen that what I find funny isn't really the jokes, etc that people come up with, but rather things in real life that are just plain nuts.  I read The Onion religiously and like stories out of there such as "Bush Sends Troops to West Nile" and "Buddy System Responsible for Additional Death" (the neighboring picture is of some cops sitting in a rowboat peering into the water...).  The reason I find those stories funny is cause they could mimic real life.

Here's another real-life story that I think is funny: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/09/30/0010236

UCSB Bans Windows NT/2000 in the Dorms
Posted by chrisd on Monday September 30, @02:28AM
from the you've-got-to-be-kidding-me dept.
nick58b writes "The people in charge of the networks for all of the on-campus dorms at UCSB banned the use of Windows NT and 2000 on their networks citing security and network problems associated with them. While there are problems with NT/2000, Windows 98 and ME computers are still permitted. Students using these are "recommended" to upgrade to XP Home Edition. In other news, sales of Windows XP are way up at the campus bookstore."

Stories don't get any funnier than that, do they?   :-)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"