• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

RedHat 8.0

Started by Chris Swingler, 2002-09-30T22:53:31-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Swingler

Well, RedHat 8.0 came out today.  Anyone had any luck downloading it yet?  I was able to get disc one (if you're on SIUENET, go to \\beanie\RedHat 8.0).  I did that by dragging my butt over to the EB and going in an open (uncapped!) lab and sent it to my computer from the FTP site.  I'm attempting to get it here in the dorm, but I think it'll be purty painful, judging that I'm downloading an FTP _client_ at 3.0KB/Sec (and it just disconnected).

If you do get an ISO downloaded, I'd appreciate if you'd drop me a line chswing@siue.edu or drop it in my uploads folder (\\beanie\uploads).  I'll keep you guys and gals informed to my progress.

Here's what it is so far:

Image Name      Progress

psyche-i386-disc1.iso   Done!
psyche-i386-disc2.iso   Done!
psyche-i386-disc3.iso   Done!
psyche-i386-disc4.iso   Partial (Approx 4 of 650MB complete)
psyche-i386-disc5.iso   Partial (approx 192 of 650MB complete)

Also note that the downloaded images, as of now, are untested.

---Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Kade P. Cole

I am working on it too. I will let you know if I have any luck.
Kade
--------------------------------------
Most people HAVE to use a PC.
I GET to use a MAC with OS X!

Stiffler

Man, you were right about having a slow connection, Beanie. I got the three Mandrake isos in about 45 minutes or so. You need to find yourself a good mirror.  :-)

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Chris Swingler

Argonne National Labs is one of the best I've found--I get 1Mbit in the EB.  But I get 27Kbits here.
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Peter Motyka

Once we get a good batch of images, I could put them up on solar.cs.siue.edu for all to download.  Let me know when we have a good set, mine is coming along very slowly...

Peter
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

Chris Swingler

Well, I have 1, 2, and 3, which I believe is all you need to install.  Go at it!

(1 is in \\Beanie\Red Hat 8.0, and 2 and 3 are in \\Beanie\Uploads.  Be aware that Uploads has write permissions, so don't accidentally delete them!)

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator

Kade P. Cole

I now have all 5 of the RedHat 8.0 ISO images. Please let me know where. I can put them so that we can all share.  :-D
Kade
--------------------------------------
Most people HAVE to use a PC.
I GET to use a MAC with OS X!

William Grim

Email me at wgrim@siue.edu and I'll get a spot on solar for them and then everyone at SIUE can download them quickly.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley