• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Jinriksha Playing @ Three-1-Three (Last Show... ?)

Started by Ross Mead, 2006-07-24T15:02:51-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Hello, again, one and all!  As the title suggests, my band, Jinriksha (hear us on MySpace), will be playing at the Three-1-Three in Belleville this Friday, July 28th!  If you haven't seen or heard us before, we're most often compared to the likes of The Urge, Primus, Incubus (the old, old stuff... with Dirk on bass... ), Mr. Bungle, Rage Against the Machine, etc.  Our beloved singer, Duck, must undergo some hip surgery and will be out for quite a while.  Thus, this will be our last show for the next few months (or at least for the rest of the summer) and so we're doing it up BIG!

Details
Friday, July 28th, 2006
Jinriksha, Farmer's Tan Market, and No Culture
Three-1-Three
20 Mascoutah Avenue
Belleville, IL 62220
Tickets: $5 ($2 surcharge for minors) ~ Show starts at 8:00PM ~ Ages 19+

Description
Our good friends from Straight Up Magazine are up and runnin' with their second issue currently on the streets at a rate of 10,000 copies. And so, they wanted to have you all out to help them celebrate with the one of a kind sounds of Farmer's Tan Market, No Culture, and of course, Jinriksha! It's a 19 and up party, $5 at the door ($2 surcharge for minors). The celebration begins at the 8 o'clock hour on July 28th.  Bring your friends and come early, you wouldn't want to miss any of the fun. See you there!

Contact
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on here, e-mail me, or gimme' a call (618-696-2600). You can also check us out on MySpace (excuse the lame basement recordings... ), as well as on our Facebook Party or our Facebook Group, Jinriksha Armata; see pictures of our previous shows!

Thanx for the support! We really appreciate it! :punk:

Ross Mead

So, the part of the heading that says "Last Show... ?" was supposed to be referring to the fact that this will be our last show for quite a long time.  In an unexpected turn of events, it seems that this title, in fact, doomed Three-1-Three.  As of about an hour prior to this post, the city of Belleville shut down Three-1-Three.  Unfortunate as this may be, the show must go on.  Don, the (now former) owner of Three-1-Three, has moved us to the Columbus club in Millstadt.  Here are the details:

Details
Friday, July 28th, 2006
Jinriksha, Farmer's Tan Market, and No Culture
Columbus Club
114 W Oak St
Millstadt, IL
(618)-476-1861
Tickets: $5 ($2 surcharge for minors) ~ Show starts at 8:00PM ~ Ages 19+

Contact me if you have any questions.  Sorry for the inconveniece.  Hope to still see you out there.

Ross Mead

Wow, what a wild and crazy night!  Following the city's shutting down of Three-1-Three in Belleville, the whole show got moved from its original location to the local Knights of Columbus hang-out, Columbus Club, in Millstadt!  Don, the (now former) owner of Three-1-Three, organized the shift in the location of the show, and also came down and provided us with all of the sound equipment that he, by hand, tore down from his own club!  We set everything up, and kicked things off with the funky beats and poetic rhymes of Farmer's Tan Market (the Connecticut band, No Culture, was supposed to open the show; however, they never showed... :-x ).

Then we hit the stage.  Things started great until my string broke during the third song (coincidentally, during the same song and at the exact same time as the only other time that I've ever broken a string!).  Luckily, I had a back-up guitar, plus Don offered to re-string my original while we were playing (again, endless thanks to him!).  Despite this minor setback, people definitely were into the groove.  The floor was packed, which was surprising given that the concert had been moved someplace else entirely!  We knew that things were going well, and so we decided to attempt one of our many skits.  I will spare you the details, but let's just say that by the end of night, Duck stood (dressed as a sinister bad guy, complete with cape, cap, and an extra long mustache!) with Tom (dressed as his henchman), Andy (dressed as the damsel in distress), myself (dressed as a mountee), and Chadd (dressed in nothing but his boxer shorts!) piled on top of each other following a fight, in which we had each, at some point, broken a beer bottle over the head of one another...

... yep,... there's a visual... :-?

In short, the show went surprisingly well given the circumstances, and we thank everyone that came out to support us and our good friends from Straight Up Magazine.  This will be our last show for quite a while.  Duck is scheduled for hip surgery, and will be out for a few months.  While he is recovering, we will be working hard on new material for our devoted fans.  We will also be recording with various studios in an effort to get high-quality distributions of our music out to the public.

Don't touch that dial!  Stay tuned for more Jinriksha news, reported to you as it develops!

... we now return you to your previously scheduled program...

[end transmission]

William Grim

So, on what grounds did Belleville stand to shut down 3-1-3?
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Ross Mead

I'm not exactly sure on what grounds they stood, but I've heard that the guy in charge of shutting them down really doesn't like Don, the owner, and simply has it out for him.  This same guy has shut them down 7 times in the past 10 years!  Don, somehow, always manages to get re-opened shortly after.  Our guess: Three-1-Three will be open at some point this week.