• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

IMPORTANT: Changes to your campus and school of engineering accounts

Started by Jerry, 2006-08-17T13:35:26-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

You now use your SIUE E-ID to log into the computers in the Engineering building; the old â€Ã...“ACâ€Ã, accounts are no longer used.

You must change your SIUE E-ID password, in order to use the computers.  Go to www.siue.edu/e-id.  Please be aware that the form will let you create 9 character passwords but they will not work; the password must be 7 or 8 characters only.  We will have some computers available in the Engineering Building for changing passwords â€ââ,¬Å" you can also use computers in Bluff Hall, the Library or the University Center.

If you are new to the Engineering Building, you should get a home directory (labeled drive Z).  We have pre-made home directories for most of the new students, but some students will have been missed.  The computers in the Engineering Building will not work correctly if you do not have a home directory; so if you do not get a home directory you need to contact Phillip Busey in room EB2027.

If you have taken classes in the Engineering Building before, you should receive a home directory.  For over half of the students, all your old files should be present.  If your files are missing from your home directory:

1)    Connect to https://ebserver-03/validate  and enter your AC account and
      SIUE/e-id.  I will receive an e-mail and move your files.  This is the preferred  
      and fastest way to get your files.

2)   If you cannot use the webpage, then you will need to come to my office in room EB2027 with your SIUE ID.  Please wait until the second week if you just need files moved.

Phillip Busey
EB2027
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Shaun Martin

Should we allow this post to be added to Dr. W's post count since it is Phil Busey's post?  :-P

That's right.  I'm a post count nazi!
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Justin Camerer

Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

R. Andrew Lamonica

From off-campus or from the dorms this URL might work.

https://ebserver-03.soe.siue.edu/validate

However, the more important thing to do is change you password once at the e-ID site.

http://www.siue.edu/e-ID

This will activate your CAMPUS account and should allow you to login to computers on campus.

Ross Mead

QuoteShould we allow this post to be added to Dr. W's post count since it is Phil Busey's post?

... this is rather ironic... let's review a Shaun's post history consolidated all into one:

:-P  :cry:  :roll:  :pint:  :cry:  :oops:  :-P  :-x  :lol:  8-)  :-?  :-o  :-(  :-)  :-D  :evil:  :roll:  ;-)  :pint:  :hammer:  :idea:  :argue:  :banned:  :beta:  :booze:  :blink:  :bored:  :boxing:  :censored:  :beer:  :pirate:  :cowboy:  :doctor:  :drool:  :drunk:  <_<  :eat:  :flowers:  :hammer2:  ^-^  :help:  :huh:  :innocent:  :injured:  :jerry:  :jumpon:  :jumpy:  :kamikaze:  :kenshin:  :kewlpics:  :kid:  :king:  :kiss:  :lame:  :angry:  :mello:  :no:  :bow:  :nuke:  :nerd:  :pc:  :ph34r:  :phone:  :prop:  :punk:  :ranting:  :realmad:  :shifty:  :shocking:  :shuriken:  :shutup:  -_-  :zzz:  :smartass:  :sorcerer:  :surf:  :sweat:  :unsure:  :usflag:  :wacko:  :wavetowel:  :welcome:  :whistling:  :wink:  :wub:  :yes:  :box:  :bluescreen:  :offtopic:  :doh:  :newbie:  :gunfire:  :2gunfire:  :sniperrifle:  :dance:  :tinfoil:

... hmm... so what are our guidelines on what constitutes a countable post... ?

**adds one to his post count**

...  :-P

blacklee

If the e-ID password was changed after May 1st, it doesn't need to be changed again, right?
Am I done? -
QuoteCongratulations ..., a notice has been sent to Phil Busey (pbusey@siue.edu) requesting that your AC files be moved to your e-ID home folder. This completes the AC [...] to CAMPUS [...] account migration process. From now on, please use your e-ID/CAMPUS account.

Close all browser windows to clear your session data (i.e. to logout).

Whew, one less ID-password to remember. I don't know about everyone else, but all the new password rules are getting a little too much for me. Considering I need to remember Cougarnet, e-ID, this forum... and all of them seem to have their own requirements, so they must be different. Additionally, I'm taking a class at Lewis and Clark, and they also have new ID-password system, just as complicated, but different; so I can't use the same ID here and at L&C.  :-(

BTW, the password reminder email on this forum doesn't function for me. It says the email was sent, but I never receive it.

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.