• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Daemon Tools -> easier to install downloads

Started by Slick, 2006-08-29T22:32:00-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick

I notice a lot of people seem to have difficulties with installing software from the MSDN site. Perhaps they dont know what to do with the ISO, I dont know.
But daemon tools lets you have virtual drives so you can just mount the ISO and run it without worrying about it.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

All you do is install and run, then right click the taskbar icon, Virtual CD/DVD -> Device 0 -> click mount image. Choose your ISO and youre good to go.

Perhaps this will help someone.

Ive used this for LOTS of software.

Wownerd

I use daemon personally, its also nice for ripping cd images of games and such and just mount it when you want to play, leaving your cds undisturbed and un-lost
Random Freshman and Troll.

Geoff Schreiber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

Michael Kennedy

Ditch Daemon Tools- they just started including spyware in the 4.x versions of their software. I used them loyally until I noticed the installer for v4 was asking me to install WhenU.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Kit

Quotemek2600 wrote:
Ditch Daemon Tools- they just started including spyware in the 4.x versions of their software. I used them loyally until I noticed the installer for v4 was asking me to install WhenU.

Key word is "ask." The adware/spyware is optional when you install Daemon Tools. I haven't had any problems with the newer version.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

Michael Kennedy

For me, it's just the principle of the thing.  If you include spyware I'll take my business elsewhere.  Someone is installing that app right now who doesn't know to not install it and they're going to wind up with a jacked up PC because of it.

D-Tools is just perpetuating a problem that I'd like to see stopped.
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"