• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME MORE BANDWIDTH!

Started by Shaun Martin, 2006-08-30T00:16:41-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Shaun Martin

I'll sell you a kidney if you improve the internet connection!
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Kit

If you do get more bandwidth, share some with me.  :-D
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

Shaun Martin

I'm contemplating purchasing cable for my room.  Pretty sure Telecom doesn't care about us in the dorms.
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Geoff Schreiber

Haha, good luck with that - the cost of running cable to your dorm alone would cost as much as a couple of years at SIUE probably....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Geoff Schreiber
Project Engineer
FASTechnology Group

Bryan

I may be off, but I believe he lives in Cougar this year, which means he's more than able to get a cable modem.

edit:  I'm wrong, I just noticed his sig.  MOVE TO COUGAR MAN!
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Kit

So you could actually use a different ISP in cougar? Since all my roomies are hooked on WoW, I'm pretty sure they'd be willing to pitch in for something like that.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

Justin Camerer

I dont know if you know ryan hirsch, but when i was a freshman and lived in bluff, he had cable in his room. I'd talk to him and see what you can find out. You can IM me at iamjwc and I'll give you his SN.
Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

Jesse Phelps

You can indeed get cable modem in your apartment. Just call Charter. However, I can tell you that the university just completed a contract with a new ISP and we will soon have a doubling of bandwidth to campus. Furthermore, by the end of the academic year new fiber lines will be ran to Cougar and there will be fiber to each apartment as well as a WAP in each building. They will be hooking the fiber up as they go so as soon as Janurary some buildings MAY have fiber lines and if things go to schedule it should be done by the end of the academic year.

Shaun Martin

What about the residence halls and do you have a website or something or an article to prove that the university signed with a new ISP?
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Jesse Phelps

Residence halls should be able to do cable modem as well (I would imagine... only thing is getting the guy in the building to set it up).

I don't have a document but I am in the Student Government and I am on the Technology Advisory Council... so just take my word for it.