• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Nintendo DS Rocks!

Started by William Grim, 2006-11-24T16:53:36-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

William Grim

Alright, my mom went and bought herself a DS Lite so she could play games she hasn't played in ages.  I think Nintendo did something right if they're making my mom want to play, and she hasn't played video games since she was much younger and at the arcades about 30 years ago.

Therefore, if my mom is playing a DS, it must be true that Nintendo rules, UNF!
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Kit

Speaking of the DS, hopefully  :unsure: I am getting one for Christmas. Does anyone have recommendations for which games I should get?
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

EvilAndrew

My Picks have already been posted

I have also been told that the new Final Fantasy is good, but I have not tried it yet.

Kit

Oh wow. I definitely will have to get Mario Kart so that I have an excuse to start going to CAOS meetings.  :-P

Advance Wars: Dual Strike looked pretty good as did the Metroid game.

Shaun Martin

I have Advance Wars and Mario Kart for it and the online multiplayer for MKDS is a ton of fun.
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Jesse Cook

I think Mario Kart DS is kind of lame after owning Mario Kart Double Dash, but you should definetly check out:

1) New Super Mario Bros (has multiplayer)
2) Advance Wars: Dual Strike (has multiplayer)
3) Final Fantasy III
Jesse James Cook
7 Yr Prog, Computer Science
Former VP of CAOS

Shaun Martin

I'm going to go buy FFIII tonight I think.  I'm excited!!  :jumpy:
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

MikeMruzik

Oh yeah, Squenix need a number on FF3j :) Although the NES version was amazing (it was fan-translated loooong ago), the FF3 DS version really does the original its must deserved justice, not only by the graphical/story/musical updates, but obviously by the fact that it graces our American shores after about 15 years of its initial release date.

Oh yes, highly recommended.
-- http://tomm.thasauce.net --
Visit my IRC network: irc.slacknet.org #aurous
I run plenty of IRC based games I've written over the years though. It's a great, nerdy community :)

Kit

The advance wars game looked really fun. I know the new Super Mario is fun too because I stole my girlfriend's DS for a while. :-P

I know this might sound like blasphemy to every gamer in the world but... I really, really don't like turn-based games; including Final Fantasy.  :cry: