• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

RedHat 8.0 iso images for download

Started by Peter Motyka, 2002-10-08T15:47:07-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Motyka

Thanks to kcole for providing us with a set of iso images for RedHat 8.0.  They are stored on solar.cs.siue.edu and can be downloaded via ftp.  You can login to this system with your SOENT login and password.  The iso images are located in the following path:

/home/ftp/shared/linux/RedHat8.0

If you have problems logging in or downloading let us know.

Peter
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

sweet. ->can we carry other distros (slackware), if we bring in the iso's?
          later.osmoe

Peter Motyka

Yeah, this would be ok as long as we have the disk space for it.    If we start to host some more ISOs (for students only) I could get some space on a server with more capacity.  For the time being, we can only allow students to download the ISOs, SIUE does not have the bandwidth to be a mirror.

Peter
SIUE CS Alumni 2002
Grad Student, Regis University
Senior Engineer, Ping Identity
http://motyka.org

Stiffler

As soon as SuSE 8.1 is available in the FTP version, we could put that up. I have all three ISOs of Mandrake 9 if you want them. I have that installed. It's pretty nice. Personally I think Mandrake 9 is better that Red Hat 8, and SuSE is better than Mandrake 9. BTW, the FTP version is the same as the Profession version of SuSE minus the software that you need to pay for.

I have about 100 Gigs free, and an FTP server. I could serve those ISOs and FTP version of SuSE if needed. I'm on the Bluff hall network, and ppl mention that it is running slow. I did some research into it, and found that there are about 6 computers with the Nimbda Virus on them. Nimbda keeps cause all the unnesecary network trafic, slowing down all the computers and network switches. I have the Computers names and IPs off all the ppl infected with Nimbda. It was very easy to get that info. Just DL ShareScan or FemFind, let them scan the Bluff Hall network shares, and search *.eml. Two legal programs that are free. OIT could have used them, and enter in the IP range of the Bluff Hall network, but no, they're lazy.

Jon
Retired webmaster of CAOS.

Chris Swingler

Can we put FreeDOS up there too?  It's only 37MB...

No, wait, I'm probably the only person with a FreeDOS partition on their computers.

Well, I'll see y'all later, I'm going to boot FreeDOS and play Descent.

--Beanie
Christopher Swingler
CAOS Web Administrator