• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Jinriksha Playing @ Dunham Hall (SIUE Battle of the Bands)

Started by Ross Mead, 2007-01-17T03:06:53-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Description
Hello, one and all!  It's been a long time, but we're back!  That's right, you read correctly: my band, Jinriksha (hear us on MySpace), will be playing at Dunham Hall for the SIUE Battle of the Bands this Saturday, January 20th (we hit the stage around 8:30PM), to kick off the new year!  If you haven't seen or heard us before, we're most often compared to the likes of The Urge, Primus, Incubus (the old, old stuff... with Dirk on bass... ), Mr. Bungle, Rage Against the Machine, etc.  Joining us will be our good friends from Kentucky Knife Fight (hitting the stage around 9:00PM) and Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship (hitting the stage around 10:00PM).  We've got about 20 minutes to make an impression on the judges, so we're doin' it HUGE... and we need your support!

Details
When: Saturday, January 20th, 2007 ~ Show starts at 5:00PM
Where: Dunham Hall (SIUE)
Who:
- Jinriksha ~ 8:30PM,
- Kentucky Knife Fight ~ 9:00PM,
- Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship ~ 10:00PM,
- Everest,
- The Inviting,
- Tonight at Seven,
- Our First Summer,
- Bear Hug Jersey,
- Broadside Heart,
- Jaemin Roe,
- Dead by Tuesday,
- Jason and the Argonauts, and
- Bridgeford
How Much: $5 ~ All Ages!!!

Contact
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on here, e-mail me, or gimme' a call (618-696-2600). You can also check us out on MySpace (excuse the lame basement recordings... ), as well as on our Facebook Party or our Facebook Group, Jinriksha Armata; see pictures of our previous shows!

Don't miss out on all of the great music!  Bring your friends!

Thanx for the support! We really appreciate it! :punk:

Ross Mead

A few people had asked, so I figure I should clarify:

- You can get into the show at any time of the night (i.e., they don't close the doors or anything).

- Once you've gotten in, you can come and go as you please (i.e., if you want to see one band, then skip a few, then come back for another, cool!).

- You can leave whenever you want.

Basically, it's just like any other show! ;-)

Hope to see you there! :punk:

Kaitlyn Schmidt

Who ended up winning fan favorite?  I ducked out of there not long after you guys finished.
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Ross Mead

Our friends from Our First Summer won the fan-favorite award.  We've been in the studio (AmpSTL) with them for the past few months, so we look forward to congratulating them in person.

To anyone that attended, thanks for comin' out!  Stay tuned for more Jinriksha events!   :-D

William Grim

For the part when I stayed, it was pretty fun.  Unfortunately, I had to get going; I can only take loud noise for so long.

As a recommendation for next year, don't charge us at the door and then expect us to pay money to vote (not that it was YOU who did that, but maybe you can mention this to someone who'll listen).  I thought the payment at the door was to help the bands out and give us the privilege of voting for people.  Therefore, I did not vote.

Sorry guys.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Ross Mead

I agree; I thought charging at the door was a bit much considering that we (and all of the other bands) had to pay an entrance fee in the first place!  What might not be a bad idea is to have a "recommended donation" much like they have at art museums; heck, it could be a donation split up between bands of your choosing or split evenly, or even could be 50/50 with the production crew.  Ehh, not a bad idea at all.  I'll bring it up for next year.  Thanks!   :-)