• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Linux diskless terminal....

Started by Guest, 2002-10-10T03:17:27-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone using a linux terminal server to break out those old 486's you got in the closet?

I got everything up and running...
dhcpd
nfs
tftp
bla bla bla

but for some reason the serial mouse doesn't work on the workstation. I've tried to change the protocol from ps/2 to Microsoft and the device to /dev/ttyS0-3 to check all serial ports but the bloody thing just will not work. I'm up for any suggestions....thanks!
 :-?

William Grim

Try protocol PS/2.  You mentioned ps/2, and ps/2 doesn't exist as far as I know.

Hope that helps.  Also, if you have the serial mouse working in console, kill the program that runs it as I hear that it sometimes interrupts with XFree.  The name of the mouse daemon escapes me now; perhaps it's moused?

Well, hope some of this helps.

Ciao!
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

>> Try protocol PS/2. You mentioned ps/2, and ps/2 doesn't exist as far as I know.

That was a typo. But I did try it again just in case I messed up the first time. Same problem...

As far as a serial mouse working in a console I'm guessing you mean gpm? I didn't know Linux terminal server supported gpm...I guess it would/could but it's not listed anywhere in the config file. I really don't think that's the problem either though since I started it up in runlevel 3 and there wasn't any support for the mouse.

Thanks for any other suggestions you may have....