• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Netflix.com/WatchNow

Started by EvilAndrew, 2007-01-29T00:13:58-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

NetFlix is rolling out video-on-demand (for real this time).  If you are one of the lucky NetFlix subscribers to have been chosen you can watch videos here.

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNow

Apparently, you will be limited to one hour of video (per month) for each dollar you pay (also per month) for your subscription.  This means that most customers will be able to see 5-10 movies.  However, the best feature is that you do not need to watch an entire movie.  This will allow you to preview hundreds of movies, if you only watch 5 minutes of each.  

My WatchNow site says that all customers should have the service by June, so don’t worry if you were not selected for the preview.

There are more details about the services (and screenshots) here.

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

EvilAndrew

Yes, EvilAndrew and Lamonica have not forgotten CAOS.  I (we?) have been a little busy this last month getting up to speed on the inner workings of my new employer.  That is not to say that I am completely trained yet.  But, I went though my first â€Ã...“code reviewâ€Ã, today and my co-workers did not have any objections to what I wrote for my first project.  My new feature will be rolled out in the next few days.*

I have also been busy outside of work.  I just found an apartment to live in out here (in San Mateo) and I moved in this last weekend.  I am now trying to get all my documentation in order (Insurance, CA Drivers License, Car Registration, etc.).

Anyway, I’ll send you guys some links to photos as soon as I unpack my camera.  You should be particularly awed by my company’s new offices.  They are really cool looking.  

* It is customer support related, so I can’t give you a link.

raptor

Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant