• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Summer Computer Jobs?

Started by Dustin Sanders, 2007-01-29T15:05:49-06:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin Sanders

Anyone know of some good summer comoputer jobs or alike.  Or atleast know a good site to search for them?  Look'n for something up here, or up near peoria (my home town).

Thanks
~Wedge
blog: www.ageek.net

Shaun Martin

I'd check the Career Center.  Also, many professors will post here about internships etc.
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

raptor

When the Spring semester ends several on campus offices post job positions when students leave. This does mean you will have to enroll in summer classes though.  But it can be a plus they are usually short and are a way to pick up some credits.
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Dustin Sanders

Quoteraptor wrote:
When the Spring semester ends several on campus offices post job positions when students leave. This does mean you will have to enroll in summer classes though.  But it can be a plus they are usually short and are a way to pick up some credits.

Only problem with that is i need a place to stay, and the whole point of a summer job is to bank some extra cash for next semester.  =)  I live over in cougar right now.  Although, if i get a decent job down here, i have tons of family i can room with, but it'd have to be worth it for me to stay down here =). Thanks for the suggestion though.
~Wedge

raptor

Yeah....

You don't usually find the words student employee and high wage in the same sentence.
President of CAOS

Dustin Sanders

Not really look'n for "High Wage" That comes after the degree, just want a nice computerish job i can do over the summer and bank some cash.  *shrug*
~Wedge

Brian Glass

Register with the Career Development Center and follow their steps to become available to be a co-op or and intern.  Their are a lot of places in St. Louis that have summer co-ops/internships.  To name a few are Monsanto, Anheuser Busch, Ameren, Express Scripts, AG Edwards, etc.  There are seriously a ton.  Great experience.  Pay is usually pretty good.

raptor

+1 to that. You may not think it but LOTS of employers talk to the CDC.  I work for A-B though it isn't how I got in, I do know the Personnel Dept. contacts the CDC when looking for interns.

Scott
President of CAOS

Dustin Sanders

Cool, Thanks.  I'll be sure to sign up here when I get a chance.
~Wedge