• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

MSDN VISTA LICENSE?

Started by raptor, 2007-02-04T03:15:45-06:00 (Sunday)

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor

All:

I downloaded Vista off of the MSDN and succesfully dual booted with XP. Anyway either I don't know where to find or didn't see where my license code for Vista was when I downloaded this sucker.

Any help?

Thanks
Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Kit

It should have been on the "receipt" page that pops up when you "ordered" Vista. It was on the page that you clicked for the download link.

From the email you should have gotten:
QuoteTo view or print an official copy of your order receipt, simply login here: http://msdn04.e-academy.com/siue_cs
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

Scott Magouirk

I also downloaded Vista in hopes of dual booting with OS X. What I did was, dual booted with XP and then I was told I would have to install Vista from there. Now I've tried to install Vista from the DVD I made on a few different computers and I keep getting errors. What did you use to burn Vista's ISO to a DVD?

raptor

I just used nero's option to burn image to disc.
President of CAOS

Scott Magouirk

Yeah, I think I did the same. I can't seem to get my DVD onto a single system... It gets errors everytime. Hey, maybe the next time we meet, you can bring your DVD and I can try to throw it on my system?

raptor

If that would work without messing up the licensing i'd be more than happy.  I'm not sure how the MSDN licensing works.
President of CAOS

Jesse Cook

QuoteIf that would work without messing up the licensing i'd be more than happy. I'm not sure how the MSDN licensing works.

It doesn't matter what disk you use as long as you are using your personal product key issued to you through MSDNAA (and not sharing it of course).
Jesse James Cook
7 Yr Prog, Computer Science
Former VP of CAOS

Scott Magouirk

Exactly, MS doesn't monitor the actual disc/s they monitor their OS through Product Keys, and I have my own Key, since I got Vista Business through the MSDNAA too. So if it's not a problem could you bring your disc next time we all meet?

Morgan Irving

QuoteSkott wrote:
So if it's not a problem could you bring your disc next time we all meet?

Speaking of which.. Does anyone know the next time we are meeting?  I had to leave the first meeting early so I did not get the information for last week's meeting.  I would really like to go to the next.
Thanks.

raptor

All,

I did understand how M$'s licensing worked where keys were not matched to discs, I simply worded my question wrong.  What i meant was if he had his key written down and not use the one scribbled on my disk  :-P .

BTW,

I could probably make a copy sometime and just bring it for you before our next meeting, when are you around the EB.
President of CAOS