• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Dual Booting with Windows Vista Help...

Started by Scott Magouirk, 2007-02-02T14:44:45-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Magouirk

Alright, as many of you may or may not know, I have a Macbook which of course runs the dominant OS X, well I downloaded Windows Vista Business from MS through that MSDNAA program, and would like to maybe through it on my Macbook to hit up some dual booting. Would anyone have any experience in this? Any tips? If so, let me know. I'll take what I can get.

JR

Retired President of CAOS

Scott Magouirk

Alright guys, I have successfully "dual booted" with my Macbook. I threw XP on there and then put my Vista DVD in. I'm getting an error though when I try to install it's error 0x8007000D, saying that something in my D: drive isn't accessible... Has anyone else tried to install Vista? Anyone else ever heard/seen this problem? Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Scott Magouirk

I got it all figured out. I am now successfully dual booting with Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows Vista. I honestly think it was the DVD I burned, because a buddy of mine burned his copy and it worked fine on my Macbook. Weird huh? Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

BTW
Vista is such a rip off of OS X, it's seriously hard to believe they got away with all this stuff without being sued.
Boo Microsoft.

Dustin Sanders

QuoteSkott wrote:
I got it all figured out. I am now successfully dual booting with Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows Vista. I honestly think it was the DVD I burned, because a buddy of mine burned his copy and it worked fine on my Macbook. Weird huh? Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

BTW
Vista is such a rip off of OS X, it's seriously hard to believe they got away with all this stuff without being sued.
Boo Microsoft.

*Wedge Agrees! Boooo Boooooooooooo

Insert memerable quote:
The Ancient Booer: Boo. Boo. Boo.  
Buttercup: Why do you do this?  
The Ancient Booer: Because you had love in your hands, and you gave it up.  
Buttercup: But they would have killed Westley if I hadn't done it.  
The Ancient Booer: Your true love lives. And you marry another. True Love saved her in the Fire Swamp, and she treated it like garbage. And that's what she is, the Queen of Refuse. So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.
~Wedge
blog: www.ageek.net

Robert Lynn

QuoteWedge wrote:

Insert memerable quote:
The Ancient Booer: Boo. Boo. Boo.  
Buttercup: Why do you do this?  
The Ancient Booer: Because you had love in your hands, and you gave it up.  
Buttercup: But they would have killed Westley if I hadn't done it.  
The Ancient Booer: Your true love lives. And you marry another. True Love saved her in the Fire Swamp, and she treated it like garbage. And that's what she is, the Queen of Refuse. So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.

the princess bride?
Void is not.

William Grim

William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Kaitlyn Schmidt

Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Shaun Martin

Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.