• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Hello from Vista land!

Started by Shaun Martin, 2007-02-07T03:21:55-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun Martin

Well, I am now dual booted with Vista and XP Pro.  Go me.
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Kit

Nice. Now if you could figure out how I could triple boot with XP and Ubuntu WITHOUT messing up the installations I have already... :cry:

I read that article but the only way to triple boot depended on the way that you install them.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

Dustin Sanders

Personally i hate to [Dual|Tripple] Boot, i want instant access to any OS.  But to tripple boot you would wanna setup grub and just add your windows partitions into grub, there are TONS of howto's on how to do that.
~Wedge
blog: www.ageek.net

Shaun Martin

The only disappointing thing so far with Vista is that some of my games don't work with it either due to the OS or my video card not liking Vista very much.  :-(
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Dustin Sanders

Same problem i had, thus why my windontz box is still XP
~Wedge
blog: www.ageek.net

Shaun Martin

I will probably keep Vista on my machine for a while.  I have a 200 GB internal HD and a 100 GB external.  It's not like I'm hurting for space so yeah.
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni

Brent Beer

get a new video card. MAN i love being able to upgrade
>8{(

bandyguy

I've had Vista RC1 and XP MCE duel booted for about four months now, I love vista, but I just don't use it much. Rebooting is such a pain.

waterskier9

I've also had Vista RC2 and XP Pro dual booted for a couple of months.  I've recently decided to shell out the $70 for Home Premium from campus tech, so I formatted my hard drive and installed everything.  For the first week I had no problems what so ever, but now the best feature, Media Center has stopped working.  I use it to watch TV, but it gives me an error saying that The Windows Media Center Receiver Service has encountered an error.  I've googled the crap out of that phrase to find no help.... Now I'm sorry to say, but I just want XP back...