• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

MSDNAA and Windows Vista

Started by thebagel, 2007-01-30T15:53:46-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

thebagel

This has been asked before previously, but I wanted to see if anyone has any updates...

Will Windows Vista be available through the MSDN Academic Alliance?  We currently have access to Windows XP Pro, will we also get access to various flavors of Vista?

Brian Glass

That would be neat if we did so we could create and test gadgets for the desktop.

Adam Coffman

Ya, I asked the same question through the support link on the MSDNAA site and the admin said he thought it would be there on the 30th, it obviously was not. I think the University has to put it on there themselves, because I have friends at other universities that have access to it through their msdnaa subscriptions.

EvilAndrew

Dude! Give the CS Admin. a break.  He has a hard enough job keeping everything working (and I should know).  Besides, even if Jeff or Greg started downloading Vista on the 30th it might not be done yet (Microsoft's MSDN downloader tool is really slow and Vista is really big.)  It took almost a day to get the .NET 2005 DVD downloaded and that didn't even include the time it took to host it, activate it on the site, and make sure the download worked.

William Grim

Nah, Jeff's just being totally lazy.  Mwahahahaha.

Just kidding.  If you see Jeff, make sure he knows I'm not looking for a fight with my words... he's much bigger than me.  And he can tear phone books in half... I've seen it.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Jeff Croxell

Vista is on its way!  We will have the Business edition on DVD.  I will post again when it is finished.  

-Jeff
Jeff Croxell
CS Support
SIUE

Jeff Croxell

Okay, Vista is up on the MSDNAA site.  Have fun!

-Jeff
Jeff Croxell
CS Support
SIUE

JR

Quotegrimw wrote:
Nah, Jeff's just being totally lazy.  Mwahahahaha.

Just kidding.  If you see Jeff, make sure he knows I'm not looking for a fight with my words... he's much bigger than me.  And he can tear phone books in half... I've seen it.

hahaha. i've seen it too! HE'S A BURLY MONSTER

why the hell do you guys want vista? you couldn't pay me to put that on my pc at home.
stop spending all your $ on video games and buy the real thing (os x)

Retired President of CAOS

Nathan

Quotestop spending all your $ on video games and buy the real thing (os x)

That's just the point, oh indoctrinated one. We
shall not pay a cent. I would not buy Vista, because
I'm a very cheap man, but I am happy to play around
with it if I can get it for free.

Thank you MSDNAA.
Thank you university.
Thank you, oh burly one.

I shall enjoy corrupting my laptop for the sake of curiosity.

Plus, I'll feel very hardcore with a triple-boot laptop.  :-D
"May the lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!"

Jeff Croxell

Quotestop spending all your $ on video games and buy the real thing (os x)

What are we supposed to do with all of our old video games once we get os x?

The burly one has spoken.
Jeff Croxell
CS Support
SIUE

Ross Mead

QuoteWhat are we supposed to do with all of our old video games once we get os x?
... ouch... :boxing:

Jeff: 1
Justin: 0

JR

haha, good one

all i know is that windows has crashed on me 4 times today!
Retired President of CAOS

John

So, I downloaded it, and it says x86. Does it give you an option at install time to install the 64-bit version? If not, and I assume not, are we going to get a copy of the 64-bit version?
Thanks,
John