• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

LAN Party 1:00 PM Friday, March 30th in the EB

Started by Kit, 2007-03-29T18:06:38-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit

When: 1:00 PM March 30th
Where: Engineering Building (Atrium, CS Lab, or wherever there is room)
Who: Anybody and everyone! Bring your friends!

Please bring your computer and any games (since at this point we are unable to install games on the lab computers).

Definitely a great way to unwind from class!  :-P
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

my_handle

bandyguy

Can we link in from our dorm rooms, My computer is bout 50lbs so its not going anywhere:cry:

Kit

I'm not too sure how that will work. If we do try to set up something like that, we could use a VPN client like Hamachi (http://www.hamachi.cc/). We would also need some way of communicating outside of the game (to get setup etc).

bandyguy

I know I can play against other guys in my hall over the SIUE network. Is there any way to do it over the siue network, or will that only work within the same building? :-?

Kit

I know that Cougar Village and the Res Halls are separate, but as far as the main campus and the rest of campus, I'm not sure.

As far as Hamachi goes, I'm not sure if anyone has used a VPN client like it before, but it's REALLY nice. All you have to do is install it and join a network with friends. Then you can play LAN games over the internet with 0 config. Of course, you are limited to your bandwidht, so it's not as fast as a LAN game in most cases. However, if that's something you're willing to try, let me know.

bandyguy

I would certainly willing to try it. I don't get out of CS class till 2 anyway. What game will you guys be playing, from what I saw looked like starcraft, which I don't have :cry: . I'll be watching the forums though and if I see and Red alert 2 of counter-strike:source action going on I'll be on it.:-D Thanks