• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

2006-2007 Undergraduate Research Academy Symposium

Started by Ross Mead, 2007-04-12T03:23:56-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Mead

Tonight, I will be presenting my Senior Project (Impromptu Teams of Heterogeneous Mobile Robots) that was developed within the framework of the 2006-2007 Undergraduate Research Academy (URA); I will also be presenting on my previous URA project (Algorithms for Control and Interaction of Large Formations of Robots).  I invite all that are interested in the topic(s) or in the URA to attend.  Here are the details:

When: Thursday, April 12, 2007
- Presentations @ 6PM
- Poster session @ 7:30PM
Where: Conference Center, Second Floor, Morris University Center
- Parking passes for Lot B, west of Morris University Center, will be available in the evening

I hope to see you there! :-)

P.S.
... there will be food there... can you say, "fondue fountain"? ;-)

QuoteThe culminating experience for the Undergraduate Research Academy at SIUE is the annual Symposium and Banquet, which is held in April of each year. The Symposium is the formal avenue in which the URA Scholars present their work to the University community, their family and friends, and provides an opportunity for these students to "shine" and demonstrate their impressive achievements in the Academy.

The evening begins with a banquet attended by the URA Scholars, their mentors, chairs of their departments, the deans of their schools and colleges as well as the Provost, Chancellor, Vice Chancellors and other high-ranking University officials. A speech and poster session that follows is open to invited guests of the URA Scholars and the University community. For the past three years, this event has counted members of the SIU Board of Trustees among its audience members.  

All of the Scholars give speeches that illustrate their experiences in the Undergraduate Research Academy and provide posters and displays on their research and creative work. During the past few years, the Symposia have become extremely well attended and the displays more elaborate, serving as a true testimony to the high quality of research these undergraduate students achieved during their time at SIUE.