• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

We Have NO Springfest Volunteers! HELP!

Started by Kaitlyn Schmidt, 2007-04-18T01:17:26-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaitlyn Schmidt

I think the subject describes the situation pretty well.
We absolutely NEED volunteers to watch the booth at Springfest.  The officers, including myself, are going to be glued to the booth every minute we aren't in class.  However, that doesn't cover the whole time slot.  We really could use some help.  So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help us out.  In return you get to play all the Wii Sports and Excite-A-Truck you want.  Just PM me, post in this forum, or show up at the booth to volunteer.  I would really prefer an email or PM to set the commitment in stone, but at this point I'll take any warm bodies I can get.  Thanks in advance!  Let me know if you have any questions. :help:  :help:  :help:
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

John

I'll help, but I don't know what day or times you need. Also, I have to go to Chicago for this weekend, but if it's next week, I can help.
Thanks,
John

Kaitlyn Schmidt

We need volunteers for Thursday, April 19th from 10:00am till 2:00pm.  Though more specifically we will need someone to help out from 12:30pm to 2:00pm.  Also, volunteers for Friday, April 20th from 6:00pm till 12:00am in Edwardsville Park.
Thanks. :-)
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Ross Mead

Friday, April 20th, my band, Jinriksha (hear us on MySpace), will be playing the  SIUE Party in the Park in Edwardsville City Park (collocated with the CAOS Wii-stand for Springfest)!  Click here for details!

**CANCELLED**

blacklee

Kaitlyn Schmidt

Quotewhat do volunteers do?
Play the Wii with customers if there isn't an opponent.
Collect money from customer before they play.
Just make sure they don't hurt themselves...
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Kaitlyn Schmidt

Well, Springfest turned out to be relatively successful.  The Wednesday, and especially Thursday, of Springfest was particularly worrisome, as we had practically no customers at the booth.  However, Friday was golden.  There was an unstoppable and steady stream of customers from 6:00pm all the way through 10:30pm.  I would have pegged poor college students to be the perfect customer base for a Wii booth, but it was the 6 and under crowd that proved to be addicted to Nintendo's newest system.  Many of the children stood in line for up to 15 minutes just to play.  Scott has posted pictures of the little tikes on the gallery.  Check them out and let me know what you think.  Thanks to those of you who volunteered to help at the booth.  You deserve more thanks than I can give in this little post.  It is the support of all you CAOS members that makes it possible for us to prepare and stage an event like the Wii booth.  I'm considering a BBQ this summer to express my thanks to everyone who has supported CAOS this semester and in previous semesters.  Let me know what you all think of that too. ;-)
Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Ross Mead

I've still never played the Wii... :-(

Jerry

QuoteHoshiko wrote:
  I'm considering a BBQ this summer to express my thanks to everyone who has supported CAOS this semester and in previous semesters.  Let me know what you all think of that too. ;-)

I like the idea of a CAOS BBQ. It would be great to get CAOS members, CAOS alum, and CAOS supporters together.

I'll help with some supporting funds.

--Jerry
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Jonathan Birch

A CAOS barbecue would be awesome...

Just give me at least 2 weeks notice so I can get plane tickets :P