• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

LAN anyone?

Started by my_handle, 2007-09-21T14:42:35-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

my_handle

I've got nothing to do tonight and the game devel meeting last night has me itching for some LAN action.  Anyone free/interested?  No real preference on game or location.

Kit

I believe the details would probably be:

Starcraft or Warcraft III over Hamachi. (Hamachi is a vpn client... super easy to set up)

*edit*

I should also say that we are always looking for more people to play... so if you have a different game/method you prefer just post here.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

bandyguy

You can find me on steam most of the time. username: bandyguy.

feyerabend

How about Brothers in arms earned in blood this weekend?

Is a Insane Man Sane In A Insane World

my_handle

I can play Friday but I don't have that particular game.  Know where I could get it.  (And before anybody says it I'm not talking about best buy, etc)

feyerabend

I don't where you can yet that game. I just one game that come to mind.  I you have different game

Kit

I don't have that either.  :-(
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

feyerabend

Counter strike or doom 3 anyone

my_handle

I have a copy of the original halflife somewhere, is that close enough?  Also I have Doom3, warcraft3 dota, starcraft, bf1942, fear, farcry, all available for share.  

my_handle

I have a copy of the original halflife somewhere, is that close enough?  Also I have Doom3, warcraft3 dota, starcraft, bf1942, fear, farcry, all available for share.  

feyerabend

alright than, DOOM 3 its what time do you want to start it.

my_handle

Well, I can play anytime after 5 probably.  What works for everyone else.  Also if anyone wants to play and doesn't have the game send me an email.  Ill be in the EB today with the images/cds or I can set up an anon FTP server.  mseiden at siue.edu

raptor

Haven't played Doom 3 yet (sorry not enough time for EVERY game) but i'm more than interested.  I might be able to stop by. Where are you guys playing at?
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

my_handle

We can meet somewhere or we can play using hamachi(free windows/linux vlan program) or a combination of both.  

raptor

never used hamachi but i recently looked into it. how well does it work/ difficulty to set up
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant