• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Game Development

Started by John, 2007-09-05T11:05:13-05:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit

To the best of my knowledge, the problem is that the emulators available sometimes are not completely accurate. While this would be fine for very simple things, it would be difficult for more complex code.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

Matt Keehner

Yeah, I've always heard that the DS emulators were pretty buggy in comparison to most others.  I actually just ordered an R4 Revolution yesterday for my DS, which is advertised as being able to run homebrew.  It was only about 50 dollars with shipping.  Then I complemented it with a 26 dollar, 2 GB microSD card.  Might work for what is needed, not really sure.

delia feerer

I've had an R4 for some months now..and it's pretty amazing. It works with all of the games I've tried so far. [even wireless and download play] I've downloaded a few home brew games as well, and they played fine.
I was able to find mine for $30 [but i guess the price may have gone up since then]

Kit

Wow I didn't even think it was possible for wireless and download play to work... I might have to get an R4 instead of the GBA MP.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

delia feerer

i definitely recommend it. it's really easy to set up and use - basically just drag and drop.

Jesse Cook

I only have 6 email addresses in my contact group.  Please send me an email if you haven't already, and you are going to be a part of the Game Dev Group.  That includes people who are going to be taking a more passive role.

Thanks,

jescook@siue.edu
Jesse James Cook
7 Yr Prog, Computer Science
Former VP of CAOS

raptor

Next meeting is tomorrow at 7:30 if i remember right?  Anyone know what our agenda is to be. Or, are we gathering to possibly set up an agenda LOL.  I do realize we are still in very early hey how is everyone doing stages here.

Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Brent Beer

Jesse posted a few post up or on page 2 about what we will cover.

edit:

Things we need to discuss:
- Game Ideas
- Platform
- Form Organization
- Officers / Positions / Title
- License issues w/ game ideas
>8{(

John

I think I will start out by giving a short description of who we are and some of our basic goals to make sure that we are all on the same page and for the newcommers. Also, we will discuss what positions (President, VP, etc.) we will need. Then, I think we should go around and say our names again both for the new people and for those, like myself, who can't remember names to save our lives. This will give everyone a chance to declare what position they would like to be a candidate for and why we should choose them.

Finally, everyone with a game idea (if there is time, otherwise we will continue it next time) will come up and pitch their idea followed by questions/suggestions. If there is time we may vote tonight, otherwise, and I think this would be best, we can wait until the next meeting to vote. This will give everyone a chance to ponder the different suggestions.

For those of you who are still interested, the more the merrier so be sure to come tonight at 7:30. We will be by the staircase on the first floor right outside the Auditorium.
Thanks,
John

raptor

Alright,

We had our weekly meeting last night, but sadly it appeared as though many were missing. We discussed a lot of important informatin pertaining to the game itself more from a users point of view.  

The Important Stuff:

I realized there is no 'official' means of communication and that is the very first thing that could lead to this breaking down. So, I took it upon myself to create a google code group.  It contains a forumn wiki code subversion etc.  I will be more than happy to talk about it more at our next meeting. For the time being I will administer this until I am not longer able to dedicate time to it(if that acutally occurs).  

So please send me your e-mail address. I konw jesse already asked for many of them, but as he will have very little interaction in this group there isn't much point in him running the contact info, and I will add you.

Please email me at scottmil at gmail dot com

P.S.  send me your gmail account. if you dont have one set one up. if you have objections to having one, we can help you set up auto message forwarding.

Any Questions please ask.  This is a group project where everyone is involved everyones thoughts and opinions are what will make this happen.

-Scott
President of CAOS

raptor

Meeting tonight 7:30 (normal place)
President of CAOS

Jesse Cook

I still plan to attend the regular meetings.  I, however, will have little time outside of these meetings to work on anything.

Feel free to ask me questions.  I'm there to help.

Scott I'll email you the contact list.  That being said feel free to email me anytime.  I'll get back to you quickly.

Jesse James Cook
7 Yr Prog, Computer Science
Former VP of CAOS