• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Neural Networks in Prediction

Started by nikomaster, 2007-11-16T00:16:48-06:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

nikomaster

Hi all,

I am doing a research of Neural Network systems i need to build a multiplataform library, may use a fast programming language or not? Wich one you recomend to me?

Jerry

Because Neural Nets are essentially just a bunch of multiplications, additions, and divisions they are inherently fast. So it won't matter much which language you program in for speed.

The last time I implemented a neural net I programmed in my favorite language - LISP - oh, yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!  :yes:

However, I would recommend programming in a language that has a predefined matrix operations library since this is the easiest way to implement a neural net.

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Jesse Cook

I've used a C++ multiplatform library before.  It worked quite quickly.

Michael says lisp...but he wouldn't program in lisp..haha.\

Justin says JRuby..or Java.

Is this a graduate project? just curious
Jesse James Cook
7 Yr Prog, Computer Science
Former VP of CAOS

William Grim

Quote from: nikomaster on 2007-11-16T00:16:48-06:00 (Friday)
Hi all,

I am doing a research of Neural Network systems i need to build a multiplataform library, may use a fast programming language or not? Wich one you recomend to me?

You would know better than us which one is best suited to your needs.  However, if it was up to me, I'd probably go with a functional language and just skip over any imperative languages.  Lisp or Erlang are the two coming to mind right now.
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley

Kit

No offense, but that website and comments from nikomaster look like spam.
SIUe Computer Science Graduate

nikomaster

Is not spam, i just put the link for information.