• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Elections in January

Started by raptor, 2007-11-29T20:15:33-06:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor

All:

Kaitlyn announced at today's meeting that elections will be held in January. These are general elections for all five positions (Pres, V.P, Tres, Sec, and Web Adm in).  Positions are held for one full year (all three semesters) if you have anymore questions please talk to Kaitlyn.

So Far Here are Current Candidates: (this is our official announcement of candidacy)

Delia Feerer : Treasurer
Scott Miller : Vice President

-Scott
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Jarod Luebbert

I'm interested in running for Web Admin
Jarod Luebbert
Computer Science Major

Admin

Quote from: Jarod Luebbert on 2007-11-30T08:38:50-06:00 (Friday)
I'm interested in running for Web Admin

... and you will still be interested in running after you get the possition!

Shaun Martin

I'm running for president in the next election.  :-)
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Kaitlyn Schmidt

Official Candidates List
President: Shaun Martin
Vice President: Scott Miller
Treasurer: Delia Feerer
Secretary: Brent Beer
Web Admin: Jarod Luebbert

We still need someone to run for Secretary, JESC Rep., and we need some volunteers for the 2008 Ad Team.  Anyone interesting in running should send me an email or post their intention to run in this thread. 

So far the candidates look like a great group of people.  I've had the pleasure of knowing each of them and can recommend them for office.  Unfortunately not everyone in CAOS has had the opportunity to share a class or conversation with them, and so I would like to ask each candidate to say a few words on why they feel CAOS should vote them into office.  Tell us about yourself, why you want to be an officer, why you think we'll love you as much (or more) then the current officers, and tell us about some of the events and fund raising ideas you have for the organization.  Submissions for candidacy should be submitted before the end of the first week of the spring semester.  Good luck to all those wishing to hold office! :-)

Kaitlyn Schmidt
Senior, Computer Science
Former President of CAOS

Brent Beer

>8{(

Brent Beer

bump so someone pays attention to this and makes an announcement more than a week before elections that we'll actually be having elections.
>8{(