• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Zazzle.com

Started by EvilAndrew, 2007-11-27T02:50:56-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilAndrew

Yes, I know, this is shameless exploitation of the CAOS board.  However, they donââ,¬â,,¢t call me "Evil" for nothing.  :D

Iââ,¬â,,¢m working as a Software Engineer for a company called Zazzle out here in Silicon Valley and we are perpetually looking for talented people.  If you fit the bill and are looking to work somewhere sunny, then go ahead and send me your resume.

R. Andrew Lamonica

EvilAndrew

I forgot to mention that we have internships, too.  We just hired two of our past interns, so doing an internship is a good way to get a leg up on other applicants when you are looking for a job.  Although I never did an internship myself, I have discovered that as an interviewer I like to see them on resumes.  It gives me a way to baseline the applicantââ,¬â,,¢s expectations about corporate culture.  :whistling:

Bryan

Props for the user experience position. And I agree on the internship views.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

EvilAndrew

"Props for the user experience position"?  I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying that you are happy that we have an in-house User Experiance team instead of using external firms?  If so, I am sorry to say that we still contract out some of that work.  However, if we had more people we would probably do a lot more here ourselves.  So if you know any good UE people looking for jobs, be sure to tell them about Zazzle.  ;) 

As for internships, I would NOT recommend that you postpone your graduation for an internship.  But if you can do one during a semester that you would otherwise be taking off, then I say ââ,¬Å"go for itââ,¬Â.

Bryan

I was saying "props" because it clearly shows that you actually take time for UX.  It's good that you do it in house, but if people weren't using firms, I'd be out of a job!
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

vaddis

Hey Andrew,
                   Do you have some openings for Java and J2EE developers at your firm
Sukumar

Maximus inc

EvilAndrew

We don't normally hire people based on their expertise in one language or another.  Although, if your question is "I like using J2EE, would working at Zazzle offer me a lot of opportunity to use it?", then I regret to answer "no."  We tend to use different languages for different projects, but most of our code is ASP.NET (C#), JavaScript, C++, Flash, some legacy ASP, and a little PHP.

vaddis

Thank you very much Andrew.
Sukumar

Maximus inc