• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Login Problems - mek2600

Started by Guest, 2002-10-22T21:26:32-05:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

(This thread can be deleted when I can log back in.)

OK, I've had multiple difficulties logging in over the last week on multiple computers.  It began with me not being able to submit either a response to the email sent to thw eebmaster account and kept on giving me problems when I tried to start a new thread.  I could log in, just not post (don't ask me how that happened).  Then one day my login became invalid (password problem, it appeard).  I went ahead and got another password, tried it, and had no success.  I even got another stock password after that and am still having no success.

Let me know what ideas the admins have on fixing me- I have a Linux question I want to post.  :)  If you guys want the md5 of the password I want to use I'll send it over for inclusion into the MySQL database...

Let me know here or you can email me if you need any info from me.  Thanks.

Michael Kennedy

Dang it.  I found the problems seconds after I posted that.

The newest Zone Alarm Pro doesnt seem to like XOOPS.  ZA will insert code into pages occasionally to kill popups, etc and did so when I tried to log in.  XOOPS correctly dumped the page with the extra code in it, and wouldn't allow my the opportunity to log in.

This new version is about to go for me- did anyone else encounter this problem?
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"

Michael Kennedy

This is the exact error i get when running Zone Alarm Pro and I try to submit something:

CAOS News Center Error

Error Code: 0022

ERROR: An error ocurred while querying the database.

The fact that ZAP is causing this is odd.  I know what's doing it, they insert some annoyance killing code into each page.  (Does this count as an annoyance?)  Anyway cudos for XOOPS for seemingly killing and submits coming from "foreign" pages.

I'll let this thread die now.  :)
"If it ain't busted, don't fix it" is a very sound principal and remains so despite the fact that I have slavishly ignored it all my life. --Douglas Adams, "Salmon of Doubt"