• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

LAN Party

Started by Swifty360, 2008-01-08T01:10:34-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Swifty360

All right folks I'm here for a few simple things.  First I was recommended here after being severely disappointed with NewEgg and Aerocool and was hoping for a saviour to come out the mists.  I'm building a computer for a friend and purchased a heatsink and fan off of Newegg for him.  Aerocool is the maker of the heatsink and I'm calling them back tomorrow to complain until I get free stuff.  The reason for it is the thing says that it is AM2 compatible but it doesn't have the proper mounting bracket.  If someone here had one it'd be greatly appreciated. 

The second thing I've got is a LAN party for this weekend at a LAN center that is opening in the near future.  This is for fun and any game is a go.  No charge and all you've got to do is bring your box. 

Time:
        6:00 p.m.
Place:
        Here Google

It is up the stairs and there will be plenty of ethernet but only one 8 port switch.  I'll keep checking this all week so reply if you are interested in coming. 

my_handle

Sorry, I stick to intel so no heatsinks for you.  But, the lan sounds interesting.  What night is it this weekend?

Swifty360

It is on Saturday at 6 p.m., however, you can arrive a bit earlier to set up.  If you have any preference for games give a heads up and we'll see if we can get everyone to be on the same page.  Should be some Worms World Party, UT3, and an RTS or two depending on how people feel.  Plus we'll have some 360s up and a PS3 with Warhawk for anyone interested.

As for the heatsink I've solved the problem thanks to Aerocool's customer support. 

my_handle

Sounds good, I'll try to make it.  Also if I go I can bring my 16 port gig switch.

Swifty360

Sounds great and bring anybody you feel like.

Swifty360

It'll be happening again this weekend.  I'm not going to check here all that often just plugging the event.