• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Interesting resume website

Started by Bryan, 2008-01-08T23:16:26-06:00 (Tuesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

I forget where I read about this, but I figured I would share it with CAOS. It may help some of you that are in the job market. It's called Resume Rabbit.You submit your resume to them, and they submit it up to 81 different job searching sites. They charge a free of $59.95. To some this may be a bit much, to others it might be very reasonable.  Yes, you could do all of this by hand, but then again there's a lot you can do by hand.  Though, I suppose if you're unemployed you don't have much better than hunt job sites  :-P
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Tony

Also, I recommend using the CDC (Career Development Center).  The first semester I used it I found an internship.  Many companies around here go through the CDC and only the CDC to recruit from our school.  They set up on campus interviews when the companies are looking for employees, so you can be sure they are hiring.

Also, going to the career fairs are always a good idea.  I know many people who got interviews for internships and co-ops that way.
I would rather be hated for doing what I believe in, than loved for doing what I don't.

Bryan

If you do go to a career fair, make sure to dress up for it.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.