• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

WoW thread (was Computer Help)

Started by Bryan, 2008-02-13T07:59:01-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Seems like the Computer Help thread was derailed when he mentioned World of Warcraft. I figured I would start a thread on the topic.  I've currently got 2 characters, a level 70 undead warlock and a level 70 tauren druid.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maelstrom&n=Trayke
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maelstrom&n=Draiven

I used to play nightly when I was on the road for work (not much else to do in a hotel room). I've slowed down significantly though.  I generally only pop on a few nights a week for Black Temple / Hyjal raids on my warlock.  My druid mostly sits around except when I need to farm herbs or to help friends that need arena points.

Topic of Discussion:  Nerf warriors!

discuss.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Shaun Martin

I only have minimal experience with WoW.  When I played, I started as a warrior and it bored the crap out of me so I switched to a rogue.  I plan on playing again once summer time rolls around.  My characters only got to 31 (warrior) and 24 (rogue).
Shaun Martin
SIUE Alumni
Associate IT Analyst, AT&T Services, Inc. St. Louis, MO.

Brad Nunnally

Thats only cause you are an uber noob Shaun and couldn't hack it :P

And Bryan don't complain you know you will be back in the swing of things when Sunwell comes out.

Vashj dies tonight!! Buff Hunters!!!

BTW Hi  :D
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

arcdrag

I've been playing for a little less than a year now and I've started playing more and more lately since I realized that arena = chasing resto druids around pillars and it really is the absolute least enjoyable part of Wow for me even though I love to pvp in BGs.  Now I'm a little more focused on PVE and have been running daily heroics and kara and working on getting geared for 25 man content.  I'm a bit of an altoholic though so I'll probably never actually reach end game content.  I've got a char of just about every class to level 25+ but my mage is the only one I truly enjoy. 

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Arkdrag

Topic of discussion:  Nerf warlocks

Bryan

I'll probably enjoy the newness of 2.4 for a while. I'm admittedly looking forward to it.  We cleared Hyjal in record time on Tuesday, just over 2 hours.  Tonight we're back into BT for our first look at reliquery.  I have a feeling they'll have some more problems with Bloodboil, but we got him down last time and it was our first look at him.

As for arenas, 2v2 is horribly imbalanced. I personally wish they'd can it and introduce 4v4.  Mages are powerhouses in 3v3. You should team up with a mace speced combat rogue and disc priest. You'll see your team rise drastically.  As for nerf locks, why?  I'm strugglign to think of any serious reason.   You are at a disadvantage being a caster. SL/SL is pretty cookie cutter for PvP, but it really only works well against casters in a 1 on 1 environment.
Bryan Grubaugh

arcdrag

No reason, just giving you a hard time. 

Bryan

Bryan Grubaugh

Mark Sands

Topic of discussion: Nerf druids!

(mainly applies to level 70 druids)
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Bryan

I agree, moonkins are HORRIBLY unbalanced and need a nerf.
Bryan Grubaugh

Mark Sands

Quote from: Bryan on 2008-02-14T19:37:12-06:00 (Thursday)
I agree, moonkins are HORRIBLY unbalanced and need a nerf.

THANK YOU!

Not to mention their cyclone, in battle cheetah form (immune to polymorph), and their ultimate healing; if they're near death they run, heal, repeat.  However, you do have to play the class well, I see a lot of druids that need /reroll
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Bryan

actually moonkins are the spec that doesn't need nerfing. The only thing that needs nerfing is healing & pvp. Feral pvp could use a buff.
Bryan Grubaugh

arcdrag

It will be hard to nerf them without nerfing resto druid raid healers.  I hear blizz is taking one step forward in nerfing arena water though to where it doesn't give any mana for like the first 3 seconds.  This way they have to get out of combat for a fairly considerable amount of time to get mana back.

On a side note:  What makes someone say, "You know what, I think I'm going to spec to become a moonkin"?  Thats the one class/spec in the game I have no intentions whatsoever of ever trying.     

Bryan

A Moonkin in a raid is any caster's wet dream.  When I see that sweet sweet 5% crit buff come up I know I'm going to be seeing 8K+ shadow bolt crits quite frequently.  Combine that with a ret paladins seal of the crusader and I'm sitting at an extra 8% crit.  I've got 28% crit base (with talents), that puts me up to 36% crit*

*I'll be dead in the first 1 minute of the fight if I get distracted by the pretty numbers and don't look at my threat meter.
Bryan Grubaugh

Brad Nunnally

We always raid with atleast one boomkin. One thing that we found out that was killer for Vashj was a boomking on stair duty and keep themselves and their melee dpser up during phase 2. The only time they may need help is when a tainted pops.
Brad Ty Nunnally
Business & Usabilty Consultant at Perficent
Former CAOS Hooligan

Bryan

boomkins and ret paladins are both incredibly useful for raids.  They have limited use though. You don't need more than 1. 
Bryan Grubaugh