• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

WoW thread (was Computer Help)

Started by Bryan, 2008-02-13T07:59:01-06:00 (Wednesday)

Previous topic - Next topic

arcdrag

I understand the need for 1 in a raid, I just don't understand the other 98% of moonkins out there that aren't in raid guilds

Bryan

well, the other 98% are free to do whatever they enjoy.  Moonkins are actually quite entertaining. 
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

Mark Sands

We should all make alts on a server and create some sort of guild based on us CAOS WoWers, any ideas? or maybe lame idea... just a thought
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Bryan

I don't play enough to start over fresh.
Bryan Grubaugh
Quickly aging alumni with too much time on his hands
Business Systems Analyst, Scripps Networks.

arcdrag

I probably play enough, but I have no intentions of starting fresh.  If anyone wants to start fresh on Antonidas Horde though, let me know and I'll hook you up. 

CoryLehan

I'd make a new guy to join a CAOS guild.  I haven't played WoW for like a year... it'd give me a good reason to start again.

I'm polyphasic now (http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/10/polyphasic-sleep/), so I need something to do for the extra 7 hours I'm awake every night. :)

arcdrag

If you want to make a char on Antonidas, let me know and I'll hook you up.  Other than me hooking you up though, there's not much special reason to make a char there, we're starting to get server full queue times during peak hours.  If you play during off hours though its nice.  The BG queue times are almost non existant at lvl 70 during all hours.  I've never had an arena queue time over 5 minutes either. 

How's polyphasic sleep working out for you.  Doing that may actually allow me to have time to finish all my homework on time.  I'm gonna read a little more about it...sounds interesting to say the least. 

CoryLehan

Well, it's pretty difficult to keep up with.  I've done it three times before for about a month each, but no one seems to understand that there are specific times when a nap is needed.  They'll say "Oh come on you can nap later, let's go watch a movie," or something similar.  And they never expect it, even when I nap at the exact same time every day.

And they'll sometimes wait for me to wake up.  Oh that's so annoying.  One friend doesn't really have any friends but me, so he'll sit next to me and just wait for EVERY nap.  And he'll complain about it EVERY nap.  And if someone comes over to hang out, it almost seems disrespectful to leave them there and go take a nap.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to last.

As for the actual physical tiredness part, there's no problem at all.  I'm pretty much over that.  It's just the social part.  If your friends won't care, go for it.  It's an extra 2-3 months a year.

Also I was already in a really crowded server (Tichondrius) and I didn't like it too much.  I'll probably start a new character in a new server.

Mark Sands

Does anyone here roll aliance? If so, come to Draka and mah mage and frenz will take care of you :)  I'm also willing to make a horde/alliance character on anyone elses server providing there's a majority in this group of WoW players on that server, if not then I suggest we all find a low server and start new toons if anyones willing.
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

CoryLehan

Quote from: Mark Sands on 2008-03-02T02:57:23-06:00 (Sunday)if not then I suggest we all find a low server and start new toons if anyones willing.

That's what I was thinking.  I feel like restarting completely, I get bored after a few weeks when I'm "taken care of".  It doesn't feel earned.