• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Career Fair Oct. 2nd

Started by Jerry, 2008-09-11T10:58:18-05:00 (Thursday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

From the Career Development Center:

As you may already know, the Career Development Center has split our October Career Fair into 2 days with Day 2 of our October Career Fair (Oct. 2 from 10:00-2:00) devoted to Engineering positions, including companies looking for all majors in the School of Engineering  and students in CMIS.
The list of the companies attending the fair are posted on the CDC web site
www.siue.edu/careerdevelopmentcenter

We need your assistance in encouraging your students to attend the fair to talk to employers about Co-op and Full-time career positions.  Due to the various companies recruiting cycles, some of these companies will only be recruiting for positions during this Fall season and will not return in the Spring term to recruit.  This will be the only opportunity for students to network with these companies this year.

We are also in the middle of the On-Campus Interviewing season with the following companies scheduled to be here to interview qualified students.  These schedules are open and available online for our students to sign-up for interviews. Those students who have already registered with our office have been notified of the schedules, however, we are not seeing the Engineering students signing up for the schedules yet.  If students do not complete the registration process with the CDC in a timely manner and do not sign up for interviews these companies may not return to recruit our students in the future.  Please encourage your students to contact the CDC as soon as possible to prepare to interview with these companies during the Fall recruiting season.  This includes students at all levels and major, since we have opportunities in a wide variety of areas.

CompanyDate of Interviews
Kiewit 10/3/2008
MO Dept of Transportation (MoDOT)10/3/2008
Peabody Energy10/3/2008
United States Steel/Granite City Works 10/3/2008
Ameren Services10/6/2008
McEnery Automation10/9/2008
Nooter Eriksen10/14/2008
Monsanto Corporation10/16/2008
Ameren Services10/21/2008
US Air Force/AFCA10/21/2008
Edward Jones/Bus Group10/22/2008

Thank you for your assistance with getting the word out to our students about these opportunities for employment.

Jean
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

raptor

I encourage anyone interested in a job, Co Op, or internship to attend.  I've heard several stories of people landing interviews etc at these fairs.  Please do remember to dress appropriately (business casual, button up shirt the whole bit) because I've also heard of people showing up in gym shorts :S.  Bring resumes and be ready to talk to potential employers.
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

William Grim

I showed up in gym shorts one time.  I still got the job, ha ha!
William Grim
IT Associate, Morgan Stanley