• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Fantastic Contraption

Started by Tony, 2008-09-22T23:43:55-05:00 (Monday)

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

If you don't get addicted to this game you get your nerd card revoked!  :shuriken:
I would rather be hated for doing what I believe in, than loved for doing what I don't.

bandyguy

Wow... that is a addicting game.... I should have been studying for a test....

Mark Sands

Funny, I've been playing this since summer, and have mastered every level. It's extremely addicting :(
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Justin Camerer

i thought this said "fantastic contraception"
Justin Camerer
Do yo' chain hang low?

Jarod Luebbert

Quote from: Justin Camerer on 2008-09-23T19:19:16-05:00 (Tuesday)
i thought this said "fantastic contraception"

That game would be interesting to say the least...
Jarod Luebbert
Computer Science Major

Tangent Orchard

Quote from: Mark Sands on 2008-09-23T13:53:40-05:00 (Tuesday)
Funny, I've been playing this since summer, and have mastered every level. It's extremely addicting :(
Wow, kudos to you. o_O I beat levels 0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, and 9, but certain ones such as level 11 just make my jaw drop.

Jerry

I got through level 11 in one sitting.

What I've found is that simple mechanisms work on seemingly complex situations. Though level 11, up the stairs has me a bit stumped. I've tried brute force, getting very close.

"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

bandyguy

Jerry

Tony

Here is mine for mission to mars.

This is my up stairs one

And here are some I did that I just like.  However, if I were you I would try to solve some of these on your own first.

Awash
Down Under
Four Balls
Big Ball
Unpossible
Tube
Back and Forth
U Turn

I would rather be hated for doing what I believe in, than loved for doing what I don't.

raptor

I'm going to ban whoever posted this link.  I am supposed to be coding some OpenGL right now.
President of CAOS
Software Engineer NASA Nspires/Roses Grant

Jerry

Quote from: Tony on 2008-09-24T20:40:12-05:00 (Wednesday)
Here is mine for mission to mars.

Nice sling-shot. I played with a sling slot solution at first, but couldn't find the right leverage point.

I want to give the other levels a shot before I look at anyone else's solutions. Right now I'm working on a complex conveyor belt solution for the four balls.

Tangent Orchard

Quote from: Jerry on 2008-09-23T23:57:18-05:00 (Tuesday)
I got through level 11 in one sitting.

What I've found is that simple mechanisms work on seemingly complex situations. Though level 11, up the stairs has me a bit stumped. I've tried brute force, getting very close.
Wow, you're right, I'm now through levels 0-12. =P

What I did for Up the Stairs was create a tank-like thing made of triangles, with the ball enclosed in it.  Two spinners are attached like by a string at the very left (they're positioned upward but fall down and to the left upon starting.)  Along with a stick to deflect the medium-sized ball at the start, my tank basically rolls over all of the tiny balls as it goes, pushing them out behind it, and then goes through the goal and off the other side.

Also, if you look at someone's solution (I did for Mission to Mars), it marks that as completing it yourself, so beware.

Mark Sands

I don't have every contraption saved.. but here's my mess-around solutions for some of the levels:

The Wall
On A Roll
Tube
Big Ball
Four Balls
Up The Stairs
Handling
U Turn
Mark Sands
Computer Science Major

Tangent Orchard

*completes Handling*
I was pretty proud of the way this one worked out.  8 levels to go.