• Welcome to Computer Association of SIUE - Forums.

Visual Studio HELP

Started by TWhitt24, 2008-10-10T13:54:22-05:00 (Friday)

Previous topic - Next topic

TWhitt24

I need help installing Visual Studio 2008. I have downloaded and burnt the iso to a dvd, but whenever I run the setup it starts to load, then sends up an error saying that I need to install Windows XP SP2. The kicker is that I am running Vista on my computer.  Does anybody have any suggestions or insight to what I should do or what the problem may be? Please Help.

Jerry

Quote from: TWhitt24 on 2008-10-10T13:54:22-05:00 (Friday)
I need help installing Visual Studio 2008. I have downloaded and burnt the iso to a dvd, but whenever I run the setup it starts to load, then sends up an error saying that I need to install Windows XP SP2. The kicker is that I am running Vista on my computer.  Does anybody have any suggestions or insight to what I should do or what the problem may be? Please Help.

You can email the Computer Science System Administrators for help at cs-support(at)siue.edu or see them during their office hours.
"Make a Little Bird House in Your Soul" - TMBG...

Tangent Orchard

Whatever you do past asking the CS department for help is at your own risk, but I checked Google and found a page with the exact same problem you're describing, and a couple people got it to work.  Perhaps it might be able to help you, I personally have no clue.

http://weblogs.asp.net/kdente/archive/2007/08/09/visual-studio-install-asking-for-xp-sp2-on-vista-the-solution.aspx